Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seen somwhere on this site someone being happy about trading his 07 for an 06. is there a difference in performance or somthing? i thought all three years were the same. someone please help before i go crazy looking for an 06

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
06 is the only year that you can easily tune the ecu while having the newer body style. Although there is lots of talk about a tuning solution for 07-08, I have yet to see anything available to the public that works

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx guys I almost bought at 08 cuz.I.can't.find.another 06 after my last one was wrecked.from behind

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Like the others have mentioned above, the 06 is the best platform for modding since its ecu can be tuned (07/08 can't get the reflash possibly due to having the Tire Pressure Monitoring System), and the 06 has the added horsepower over the 04/05 due to changes like the throttle body. The added horsepower is about 10 horsepower (in 06 the horsepower scale was changed, so on paper it'll show a change of only 5).

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
When did the DBW become available? Isn't that the problem with the 07 and newer that's causing delays with hondata flash and so on?

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Isn't that the problem with the 07 and newer that's causing delays with hondata flash and so on?
I think the problem is that they can't decipher the 07/08 ECU. It differs from the 06 in some way. Most people think it's because of the TPMS since it's the only thing that sets 07/08 apart from the 06.

I think Acura has been trying to lock people out. For example, didn't the 2005 ECU have an issue with a VIN? I think 05 TSXs would have problems with smog checks since hondata couldn't mimic it or something.

They probably went to a simpler ECU in 2006 to handle the changes in the engine, but then went back in and locked things up after the 06 ECU proved to be operating correctly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts