Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Voltage Stabilizer basically keeps your voltage at a 14V or above, therefore your sensors will read better, the car will respond better. The ground wire will ground out the electronic noise so the sensors can read properly and respond quickly. It will also help ground the voltage stabilizer so that it will not drain the battery.

Ignition Booster basically regulates the voltage to the igniter. Inside the ignition booster are capacitors that collect voltage that will be used for the igniter. If you guys are familiar with capacitors that are used for sound systems, this acts the same way but except its for the ignition system.

They serve 2 differnt functions one improves voltage and one improves the ignition.

Both Will improve gas milage and response.

My personal experience with these 2 products, after I installed it I notice a difference but when i took them off is when i notice a major difference.

Hopefully this clears up things a bit more.

Thanks

Calvin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
884 Posts
So does a grounding kit do the same as a voltage stabilizer? And someone asked if it would shorten the life of the ignition, is that possible?
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
06Tsxeer said:
So does a grounding kit do the same as a voltage stabilizer? And someone asked if it would shorten the life of the ignition, is that possible?

Nope, the grounding kit grounds the excess engergy running through your car. And now it will not shorten the life of the ignitor. :)

Thanks

Calvin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Did you run both together or each one independently?
If the former, did you conduct the latter to compare with the former to see if both gave a greater effect than either one singly?
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i Ran the voltage stabilzer first then i removed it then i put them both on. I didnt try just the ignition booster maybe i will give it a try this weekend:)

PJS said:
Did you run both together or each one independently?
If the former, did you conduct the latter to compare with the former to see if both gave a greater effect than either one singly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
884 Posts
AJR-COW said:
Nope, the grounding kit grounds the excess engergy running through your car. And now it will not shorten the life of the ignitor. :)

Thanks

Calvin
So that means its possible to run grounding, voltage stabilizer, and ignition booster together?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
AJR-COW said:
Nope, the grounding kit grounds the excess engergy running through your car. And now it will not shorten the life of the ignitor. :)

Thanks

Calvin
Doesn't the grounding kit give you multiple points of 0v rather than floating above 0v as can happen when corrosion sets in on the neg earth?
So all a grounding kit does is provide a clean path to earth to provide a proper voltage differential?
Not to mention the heavier gauge providing a lower DC resistance to further reduce floating voltages above 0v.

i.e. 0-12v as opposed to 0.5-12v
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PJS said:
Doesn't the grounding kit give you multiple points of 0v rather than floating above 0v as can happen when corrosion sets in on the neg earth?
So all a grounding kit does is provide a clean path to earth to provide a proper voltage differential?
Not to mention the heavier gauge providing a lower DC resistance to further reduce floating voltages above 0v.

i.e. 0-12v as opposed to 0.5-12v

You are grounding away negetive, there is no voltage in negetive energy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
The term negative is used not as a minus voltage, but to mean 0v, or earth.
The car electrical system doesn't run -12 - 12v, but 0 - 12v, but when you have corrosion, the car earthing point and negative terminal on battery can be a bit above 0v - hence the floating voltage I was referring to.
So all the kit does is provide a true 0v reference, as it is when the car is new.
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PJS said:
The term negative is used not as a minus voltage, but to mean 0v, or earth.
The car electrical system doesn't run -12 - 12v, but 0 - 12v, but when you have corrosion, the car earthing point and negative terminal on battery can be a bit above 0v - hence the floating voltage I was referring to.
So all the kit does is provide a true 0v reference, as it is when the car is new.

You are absolutely correct. The fact is no vehicle will not corrode no matter how you take care of it. Hence, to keep the vehicle running at it's prime, you do need a voltage stabilzer of some sort to do so
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Voltage Stabilizer basically keeps your voltage at a 14V or above, therefore your sensors will read better, the car will respond better. The ground wire will ground out the electronic noise so the sensors can read properly and respond quickly. It will also help ground the voltage stabilizer so that it will not drain the battery.

Ignition Booster basically regulates the voltage to the igniter. Inside the ignition booster are capacitors that collect voltage that will be used for the igniter. If you guys are familiar with capacitors that are used for sound systems, this acts the same way but except its for the ignition system.

They serve 2 differnt functions one improves voltage and one improves the ignition.

Both Will improve gas milage and response.

My personal experience with these 2 products, after I installed it I notice a difference but when i took them off is when i notice a major difference.

Hopefully this clears up things a bit more.

Thanks

Calvin
Any discount for ordering both at the same time?

Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
906 Posts
Voltage Stabilizer basically keeps your voltage at a 14V or above, therefore your sensors will read better, the car will respond better. The ground wire will ground out the electronic noise so the sensors can read properly and respond quickly. It will also help ground the voltage stabilizer so that it will not drain the battery.

Ignition Booster basically regulates the voltage to the igniter. Inside the ignition booster are capacitors that collect voltage that will be used for the igniter. If you guys are familiar with capacitors that are used for sound systems, this acts the same way but except its for the ignition system.

They serve 2 differnt functions one improves voltage and one improves the ignition.

Both Will improve gas milage and response.

My personal experience with these 2 products, after I installed it I notice a difference but when i took them off is when i notice a major difference.

Hopefully this clears up things a bit more.

Thanks

Calvin

Awesome info,i wanted to know the purpose Voltage Stabilizer,Thanxs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Voltage Stabilizer basically keeps your voltage at a 14V or above, therefore your sensors will read better, the car will respond better. The ground wire will ground out the electronic noise so the sensors can read properly and respond quickly. It will also help ground the voltage stabilizer so that it will not drain the battery.

Ignition Booster basically regulates the voltage to the igniter. Inside the ignition booster are capacitors that collect voltage that will be used for the igniter. If you guys are familiar with capacitors that are used for sound systems, this acts the same way but except its for the ignition system.

They serve 2 differnt functions one improves voltage and one improves the ignition.

Both Will improve gas milage and response.

My personal experience with these 2 products, after I installed it I notice a difference but when i took them off is when i notice a major difference.

Hopefully this clears up things a bit more.

Thanks

Calvin

Can you post Pics installed? (For Both) Do the instructions come with the units?

Thanks.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top