Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post here... But I have been searching the archives and can't find the answer to this question...

My wife's 2004 TSX 6MT has 100k plus miles now and the stock suspension is feeling tired. She has no desire for lowering springs or a sportier ride, so I was looking at simply replacing the stock shocks with new OEM units.

But in looking at the stock front shock part numbers, it looks like there was a change from 2004 to the 2005-2008?

51605-SEC-A04 is listed as the 2005-2008 part, while 51605-SEC-A02 is listed for our 2004 model.

Since I'm assuming they will both bolt right on, the question is, which ones do I want?

Anyone know what the differences are?

Thanks-

Jason

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm not sure about ride quality but before I switched my shocks out, my friend and I always thought my OEM suspension (04) looked lower than my neighbor's facelift TSX.

·
Registered
72 Posts
bump, I am wondering why the change myself as I am looking for replacement shocks for my 04..

·
Registered
108 Posts
just order aspec suspension from curry acura only$630 whole set
dont stick with difference lol because if you order oem from dealer, I believe it will cost 1000+
or you can buy used one in this forum

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I thought I read somewhere on here that there was a ride height difference between the years.. If you search you might be able to find it..

·
Registered
228 Posts
just order aspec suspension from curry acura only$630 whole set
dont stick with difference lol because if you order oem from dealer, I believe it will cost 1000+
or you can buy used one in this forum
I think the A-Spec kit is discontinued.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
The 06-08 suspension is slightly shorter (lower) if I recall. And yes A-spec, especially 06-08 A-spec is very hard to find.

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
The 06-08 suspension is slightly shorter (lower) if I recall. And yes A-spec, especially 06-08 A-spec is very hard to find.
U mean the shocks themselves are shorter? If someone wanted to simply replace their 04 shocks only for 06 shocks then their vehicle would sit a hair shorter? They're completely interchangeable correct??

I ask bcuz my coworker's 04 has blown oem shocks and he recently acquired some very low mileage 06 oem shocks but has yet to install them since he's away on vacation. He should be able to swap them out without any problems right?

·
Registered
390 Posts
The ride height change from '05 to '06 (which is for sure) may be a function of either the springs or the shocks.

If its the springs, the difference in shocks might just be different valving to match a (slightly) higher spring rate.

The best way to tell is to take an '05 and an '06 stock, stand them up side by side, and compare the distance between the spring perch and the bottom of the shock.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
After running some searches for a few minutes, I'd like to bump this thread to get confirmation. I read in one post that the 04-05 MT is the same kit for 06, but the 06-08 kit has a different part number. I can't seem to find any suspension changes from 04-08.

I have a brand new 04-05 A-Spec suspension kit still in the box for my 04, but I'm looking to sell the 04 and get an 06 so I need to know if the kit works or if I need the model year specific kit.

Thanks!

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
After running some searches for a few minutes, I'd like to bump this thread to get confirmation. I read in one post that the 04-05 MT is the same kit for 06, but the 06-08 kit has a different part number. I can't seem to find any suspension changes from 04-08.

I have a brand new 04-05 A-Spec suspension kit still in the box for my 04, but I'm looking to sell the 04 and get an 06 so I need to know if the kit works or if I need the model year specific kit.

Thanks!
I would get a 06-08 kit if you can, since it's supposed to be lower. I know visually this is the case but I have no numbers to speak of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.