Acura TSX Forum banner

4 point chassis brace: to keep or not?

• Alutec + one finger gap (just deal with the scraping)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Alutec + two finger gap (more body roll, less scraping)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ditch the 4 pt brace altogether

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 2 pt chassis brace + one finger gap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
:)
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the Alutec 4 point chassis brace on my car for over a year and love it. I previously had the Cusco 4 point chassis brace but removed it due to the amount of rattling (kept hitting the rear end of the cat shield at idle).

Original setup:
Alutec + Progress RSB + Tein H. tech on stock shocks = an improvement over stock. Not a huge drop in height but I scraped that brace on way more things than Jon (ILoveMyHonda) with his setup.

Current setup:
Alutec + Progress RSB + Tein Street Basis coilovers (one skinny fingered gap) = super wheeee but lots and lots of scraping over everything, especially with passengers. I love the way my car handles with this setup, especially with the decreased body roll. However, driving is less fun when my ass is clenched half the time.

Jon has raised my car by 0.5 inch and his initial feeling is that the body roll came back. I'm now debating whether I should keep the 4 pt brace or should I even bother with a 2 pt brace. Keep in mind, I'm not interested in slamming my car since I prefer function over form.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
OTHER: keep one finger gap + 4-point bar, although that bar is going NOTHING for body roll.

if roll is your main concern (other than scraping). Buy a bigger (solid) front and rear sway bar. Buy stiffer springs too. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.