Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been on here for a while now, but I haven't had time to dedicate to properly make one of these threads. With the new year I figured I would document some of the stuff I did to the car since I got it and keep a lock in to eventually post the finish of my build, which is slated to happen Spring 2013 (we all know it never ends). Without further adieu, my 2006 TSX.

Day 1: Stock, with 61,500 miles. Bought from a one owner, all service receipts, all maintenance done from DCH Heart Acura.

Car is a Royal Blue Pearl with ebony interior 6 Speed with Navi. For those who know, this is an extremely rare and desired package...well until the 07-08 guys got flashpro :laugh:

Decided to do maintenance over mods to begin with, since the car hit 60k. With that said, the following was done:

*Spark Plugs
*Oil change
*Coolant drain and fill
*Gear oil change
*Put a coat of Collinite 476s as the previous owner was into machine washes :(

Also cleaned the engine bay:

The car also came free of charge with warped rotors so I took the liberty to swap in some Centric blanks and Akebono ProACT pads:

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Soon thereafter, the mod bug hit me..and I decided that my first mod should be to go with an Intake. I bought an Injen new from a member on here for a great price.

This mod has a lot of sentimental value to it as my late best friend Bishnu helped me install it, along with 5000k fogs. He passed away on the southern state parkway 07/10/11, he was a great person and very knowledgeable on cars. Here he is pictured installing it, one of the best days I spent with him.

Also put in a maven shift knob:

And HR bushing, comptech short shifter:

It kept going on and on from there lol:

A-spec lip and hideaway plate

Alpine SPS619:

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around this time, I was already itching to lower it, as it looks monster truck status, especially with the lip. Coming from a infiniti i35 dropped on BC racing BR series coilovers, I was really worried about ride comfort..

Went to my first tsxclub meet and sat in BLULABELCL9's car on eibachs at the time and was sold after driving 2 blocks lol. He upgraded to BC N+, while I took his old setup (for a great price) along with installing an ingalls rear camber kit:

Funny thing about mods is, you keep wanting to aim higher lol, and the day I picked up the eibachs from him, I took a seat shotgun in his new setup, and was sold again. Sold the eibachs and went for these:

I also decided to finish up the interior. I believe these cars look great on the inside, its really sporty while retaining functionality. So I added some SK pedals and went with the iJDMtoy 110 LED set and called it a day:

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going back to the exterior, I wanted an euro R grille, but seeing as RBP is not a JDM color, went ahead and got a broken grille off a member here, and had some body work done to it, to compliment the fishcake euro R replicas. The grille was paint matched on the outer chrome, and gloss black:

Did a little few more things, for one I got the car fully paint corrected:

Put on some new rubber as the GoodYear Eagle F1's suck, and aligned:

Honda Access window Visors (not pictured). Also picked up a used Apexi WS2, and polished it:

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today, I was able to get a close friend and great photographer, One ton photography to take some pics of my car in winter mode. I decided to lower the car some more and get an alignment, so after a quick wash, got these pictures taken:

Full Mod list:

Exterior:

*A-spec front lip
*Swift motorsports hideaway plate
*Euro R replica lights
*5000k HID fog lights
*Honda Access Visors
*Nokya 5000k H11 bulbs
*Colormatched oem grille
*SP engineering dress up bolts
*Cree reverse LED lights
*5K LED license plate bulbs
*5k 168 corner bulbs

Interior:

*Maven Countersunk Shift knob
*118 Piece iJDMtoy interior LED set
*Strut King Pedals
*Alpine SPS619 6x9 speakers

Performance:

*Injen SP1431 Intake
*Apexi WS2 catback exhaust
*Hybrid Racing Shifter Cable Bushings
*Comptech Short throw shifter
*Buddy Club n+ damper
*Rotora BBK (not installed)

Thats it for now. I also have these sitting ion my closet, but I have to wait for my wheels to arrive (pre-order). I am going with 18X9.5 +30 Enkei Kojins, but here is a gratuitous shot of the bbk:

Comments, constructive criticism appreciated! Thanks for viewing. Hopefully the next update to this thread will be pics with my wheels on!

Special thanks to One Ton photography for taking the shots. NYC people if you need a photoshoot setup, message this guy:

https://www.facebook.com/OneTonPhoto?fref=ts

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Nice :tu2: jelly of the BBK haha

·
DESI SHER
948 Posts
Great build so far buddy. Always loved your car, and because of you I own a TSX today :) . Cannot wait to see her in summer mode

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice clean car!!

you must be one of those insomnia kid! :laugh:
Thanks, I'm off on vacation this week so I was able to collaborate with my photographer friend and finally get some professional pics. My sleep cycle is so messed up lol.

Nice :tu2: jelly of the BBK haha
Thanks, the bbk is nice but Im having a super hard time finding a matching caliper paint for the rear :(. Might just do a flat black.

F'in clean...Well done young grasshopper :laugh:
Thanks man, a lot of my mods have come through you lol. You're my mentor and my deal finder haha.

Very clean build! Love the custom grille :thumbsup:... And keep that intake ;)
Thanks, for the price I paid it was a steal, so Im definitely keeping it lol. Appreciate the comments :).

Great build so far buddy. Always loved your car, and because of you I own a TSX today :) . Cannot wait to see her in summer mode
Anytime man, your car has a lot more mods though lol. We need to do a double shoot come summer :).

Completely love this car
Thanks man, hope it doesnt look too stock lol.

wow! staying tuned in on this thread!
Thanks, hope I don't disappoint.

Wow, really clean! I'm loving the color!
Thanks, I really really wanted ABP, and kinda still do, lol. But the "rare-ness" of RBP is cool too...except that A-spec parts are discontinued and its hard to find used parts lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow loving this car ! Really liking the grill how did you do it ? Also how are you liking the speakers? I'm thinking of upgrading mine soon

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Dayummmmm fresh ... Them bbk look official... Hit me up with some info on the paint correction I'd like to do this ... Enjoy

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow loving this car ! Really liking the grill how did you do it ? Also how are you liking the speakers? I'm thinking of upgrading mine soon

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks the grill was sanded down, primered, then sprayed 3 coats to achieve that look. Keep in mind the broken piece is bondo'ed, so its not the strongest fit, but the chrome itself is held on by screws and it would take a hit for that to chip.

The speakers are a drop in, and for the price $60+ $4 for the metra harness, makes a great, bang for your buck upgrade. Don't expect it to sound like 2 12" subs though, but it does bring out the bass better uptill volume 25 or so. Nice enough upgrade for me.

Dayummmmm fresh ... Them bbk look official... Hit me up with some info on the paint correction I'd like to do this ... Enjoy
Thanks man, the paint correction consisted of the following:

Makita 9227c w Green pad Meguiars M105
Makita 927c w blue pad Menzerna sf4500
Prima Epic (sealant, hand applied)
Collinite 845 insulator wax, hand applied)

Interior cleaned/shampooed
Leather treated with chemical guys
Optimum Tire shine

Another pic of the day when it was taken out from the detailers shop:

I would say 90-95% of the swirls are gone. A few deep ones remain. Google/FB Big A detailing, hes a cool person and does great work.

I have a porter cable 7424xp at home, but with no time, and no enclosed space, it would be hard to try and attempt this. Sunlight+a slow cutting machine (DA versus rotary) means it would take a lot longer. So I left it up to him to do it.

Looks pretty good so far!
Thanks! Hopefully the wheels and stuff will offset the car. Seems too stock to me lol.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Very tasteful choice of mods, car is coming along very well

1 - 20 of 22 Posts