Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I understand that there are various iPod connections for the TSX. The problem is finding the best one for me.

I have an '08 Non-Navi, so I'm currently using the AUX port. I currently use a 4th gen iPod Touch.

I'd like to have the following features:

MUST
- Steering Wheel/Head unit control.
- iPod pauses/turns off when car turns off.
- Charges the iPod

LIKE TO HAVE
- Display song name somehow (I don't think this is possible with non-navi's though)
- The iPod does not go into a "Data transfer/This iPod is hooked up to an accessory" mode. (I have different playlists and would like to change it without disconnecting the iPod)

Any suggestions for me?! Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the GTA car kit on my '05 TSX. You can change songs from the steering wheel controls, along with the volume. It has an option that allows you to access playlists and a separate one to access songs. The playlist option puts the iPod in transfer mode, but you can access playlists manually without entering that mode. To change between the options on my car you must use the head unit. It does charge and shut off the iPod when the car is shut off. Only $99 and the install is very simple, check out youtube. You may want to buy the Y cable if you plan on using XM still. I used the XM port, since I don't use it, instead of buying a Y cable to have them both plugged in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.