Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to discount tires today to get two new tires for the front. When they finish my car the tech tells me sapcers are a no no and that i need to remove the spacers and buy correct wheels for my car. Wtf seriously? 18x8 +35 (with 5mm spacers)

·
Registered
103 Posts
i think its a liability thing. if theres anything not oem on the car, they have to advise you to go back to stock. if for some reason something happened with the wheels or tires, they dont want you suing them or blaming them. you could always point out that theyre professionals and they should have known that spacers, or the wrong offset wheels etc might pose a problem, and by telling you to go back to stock, they avoid that whole issue. i got a set of tires mounted a cpl weeks ago, but the shop wouldnt mount the wheels which were tl wheels on my car cuz they werent oem. basically theyre just covering their ass, the spacers are fine.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
There is a small risk of wheels studs sheering of with a 5mm spacer since there are less threads of the lug bolts holding onto the nut. Will it happen, no, but there is a very small chance. The best way to run any type of spacer is to run longer studs or the ones that bolt on to your studs and have their own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts