Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I left t&t today and turned on my car my display for the stereo, clock, etc won't turn on anymore. I called lougheed acura and booked an appointment with them. They said someone else had the same problem. Anyone else in here experiencing problems with their display?

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
i found a trick while back, just hold down the CD/aux button, it will enable and disable the ALL the center console lights!
but you have to wait for the beep,

i've been doing this for a while, can't believe no one asked me

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Cyde said:
i found a trick while back, just hold down the CD/aux button, it will enable and disable the ALL the center console lights!
but you have to wait for the beep,

i've been doing this for a while, can't believe no one asked me
Yes indeed, actually I should have mentioned this too. I don't think it will solve this problem because I think something's probably really wrong, but maybe it will.

What Cyde said is in fact the way that you turn those lights on and off, and when this problem (or possible problem) occurs, this is the first thing to try.

But most people have found that this isn't it -- it's a faulty CD/radio unit which has to be replaced.

But yes, rsx, do try what Cyde said, and please let us know what happens.......

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
larchmont said:
Yes indeed, actually I should have mentioned this too. I don't think it will solve this problem because I think something's probably really wrong, but maybe it will.

What Cyde said is in fact the way that you turn those lights on and off, and when this problem (or possible problem) occurs, this is the first thing to try.

But most people have found that this isn't it -- it's a faulty CD/radio unit which has to be replaced.

But yes, rsx, do try what Cyde said, and please let us know what happens.......
yeah my center console went out for no reason, and i tried this method, and it worked.. but if it dosen't then you got a more serious problem =(

the problem people have is center console controls light going out but not the clock. If your clock is out too, then you just have it disabled, and you can fix that by re-enabling by holding the cd/aux button down

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
go to the dealer and replace it .. ~~ it's free ... i replaced twice ... ~~
yes Cyde that is one of the funtion u can find in the driver's guide .. but if u try it and it still not workin .. just tell the dealer and they will order a new one for u .. ~~
not a big deal .. ~~

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Andynolife said:
go to the dealer and replace it .. ~~ it's free ... i replaced twice ... ~~
yes Cyde that is one of the funtion u can find in the driver's guide .. but if u try it and it still not workin .. just tell the dealer and they will order a new one for u .. ~~
not a big deal .. ~~
Great input -- but actually it can be a big deal!

Don't know about lately, maybe they've gotten it all straightened out, but here are some of the problems that people have had:

(1) Main problem was that it took a real long time to get the part they needed, because so many people were having the problem that it was "back-ordered."

(2) For some people, even when the dealer got the part, the car had to stay in the shop for a few days, for various reasons.

(3) For at least one person (me), the car suddenly developed a rattle. Fortunately mine went away as mysteriously as it appeared. But I'm waiting to see if it comes back with the cold weather. (My car had previously gone through much colder weather without rattles.)

None of this is a reason to avoid getting the work done, if you really have this problem. But it would be a good idea to run it by the dealer/service people that you've heard about such things happening and that you want them to do what they can to spare you any extra inconvenience and problems.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
mmm ... not for me .. ~~
it only took me 3 hrs to get my car back
and the parts arrived 3days after i told them abt the problem .. ~ ~
weird .. ~~

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh and you get a loaner from lougheed acura too if you ask them for it :)

it's most likely gonna be a 1.7 el though but better then nothing

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
rsxs2e46 said:
oh and you get a loaner from lougheed acura too if you ask them for it :)

it's most likely gonna be a 1.7 el though but better then nothing
for any service?? how about in richmond?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup for service too.. if you ask them beforehand when booking an appontment they'll give you a loaner at lougheed

I don't know about richmond though.. I never asked the richmond guys for a loaner before.. besides the richmond guys are kinda rude so I don't think they'll give u a loaner :(

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i asked everytime .. ~~ and they always said it's not avaliable .. ~~ not for richmond ~ ... too many ppl go there .. ~

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
o...that's sucks.......o andynolife..where did u order your comptech swa bar???

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
SAZABI said:
Not happening to me too... ha ha... Neo...

i'ts ok u have black interior!

if mine are busted then i'll ask them to swap the one with silver trim.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
228 said:
o...that's sucks.......o andynolife..where did u order your comptech swa bar???
oh ... i ordered from the states .. ~~ there is a guys in "another site" gave me a nice deal .. ~~

1 - 20 of 25 Posts