Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Insane Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up TSXclub! So i thought i would share with you all this little DIY. After owning my TSX for afew weeks i have quickly realized that there isnt much aftermarket support for the TSX as the Civics, Integras, and such have. I was very lucky when i purchased my TSX that it already had the broken/cracked foglight mod already done to it. So one of the first things i set out to do was fix/replace it. Sadly the only option i found was ordering a replacement lamp from Honda. Luckily i have found another way!

After i bought my TSX, i still owned my RSX which i was in the process of selling. I had bought a set of ebay yellow fogs for it but never got around to installing them on the RSX. Then i had an idea, would RSX fogs fit? YES they do, and here is how!

DIY 02-04 RSX foglights into 06-08 TSX

DISCLAIMER:
I, nor TSXclub is responsible for what you do to your car.

PROS:
-Cheap option for replacing your broken/missing foglight.
-Other options in color for foglights (i.e. Smoked tint, Yellow, Ion tint, etc)
-Unique Points!++

CONS:
-Fitment is not OEM perfect but passable and almost not noticed
-Adjustablity, you technically wont be able to adjust your foglight position with the adjustment screw like you can with your OEM fogs.

Ok so lets start with removing the bumper. If you dont know how, check this --> Bumper Removal Thanks to TSXFlies

We will be replacing this....

.... with these!

Sooo off with the bumper

Off with the 3 screws that mount the foglight bracket to the bumper

Lets compare..

The TSX foglight is obviously a little bigger but heres a quick mock up on how well the RSX foglight will fill the hole in the bumper

Perfect right?! Well lets keep on moving...

Comparing the RSX brackets to the TSX brackets, there just no way it will work. But the foglight housing mounting point are about the same for both fogs.

RSX foglight bracket mounting points

TSX foglight braket mounting points

Again the mounting points are similar but the RSX length is a bit shorter. Note the spacers used in the RSX bracket, PURPLE is a HARD plastic spacer and the BLUE is a SOFT rubber spacer. We will reuse these when mounting to the TSX bracket

So you will detach the foglights from their brackets by removing the screws on the side and the adjuster screw on the back

Here on the INNER side of the foglight we will use the screw from the RSX bracket and the RUBBER spacer that was noted as BLUE in the previous pic placed on the OUTSIDE of the bracket

Here on the OUTTER side of the foglight we will use the screw from the TSX bracket and the PLASTIC spacer that was noted as PURPLE in the previous pic placed on the INSIDE of the bracket

i didnt take a pic of it all done but heres kind of an idea how the fog will sit.

Now about the Con of no adjustablilty, from this position, the foglight will only point down. to prevent that, stuff some cardboard inbetween the foglight and bracket like so. foglight should not move.

now mount the fogs to the bumper. BAM!!!

Hawtness on a budget!

and some night shots with my bumper slightly angled to the the ground for emphasis on the yellow

Now i agree theres probly afew things here that i can go back on and make better but i just made with what i had. Comments welcome! +/-

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
very nice!! thank you for this!!

·
Save the Manuals!
63 Posts
insane_one said:
that it already had the broken/cracked foglight mod already done to it
Are you joking or was this a common problem? I noticed one of my fogs is cracked, but the bulb still works. I was just gonna buy a new lens (~60 dollars) but if these are prone to breaking I will just replace them instead.

·
Insane Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you joking or was this a common problem? I noticed one of my fogs is cracked, but the bulb still works. I was just gonna buy a new lens (~60 dollars) but if these are prone to breaking I will just replace them instead.
its a joke. idk, i got my car used and ive had afew other used Hondas from the newer generations that have had broken/cracked foglight lenses. that is most likely due to the Alaskan winters here. they sand/tiny pebble the icy roads during winter.

im not sure what your method would have been but ive seen people use plexiglass or similar to repair. but buying cheap ebay fogs seem more effortless/easier way to do it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.