Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
#HTinyourcorner
3,174 Posts
This is legit?? Lol I've seen it before, just thought it wasn't a good idea. But if Marcus does it, so will I :)
And awesome DIY.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Try it, it works better than any other method I've ever used.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Corona,CA
1,525 Posts
I would not touch a cheap or aftermarket or reman axle for a TSX with a 10 foot pole. They all suck as near as I can tell.
Aren't OEM Honda Axle's remanufactured too? :donno:

Unless you're talking about aftermarket remanufactured then yeah they're not that great. Raxles are real good axles from what I heard as they rebuild OEM axles. When my passenger side inner cv boot was torn though, I called up Raxles and they said that they haven't had a TSX axle for years :( So I guess YMMV :laugh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello yall. I bought a use front outershaft axle. The threads where the axle nut is fitted got chipped off during shipment. Should I be worried? Also, for the last part, " 7.take pin punch or chisel and hammer nut into place." Can someone clarify this step. Why is this necessary?

·
Registered
2 Posts
vibration while accelerating

I just replaced my lower A-Arm bushings since they were cracked. All three on each side, compliance, front arm lower and front lower shock absorber bushings. But after the replacement and reinstallation, a vibration occurs while I accelerate, it's very noticeable while accelerating but not so much while at constant speed. I thought that an alignment and balance would fix it but had no luck. I did some research and found out that axles cause vibration while accelerating. I'm just confused cause it was not felt before the bushing replacement. I'm hoping you can assist me.

Jaime

Notes in addition to what is mentioned: If you only need to do the inner joint you do not need to remove the nut at the spindle. Also, rather than hitting the lower control arm with a hammer to release the lower ball joint, you can use a much simpler technique found here:

Honda/Acura painless ball joint separation - YouTube

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is there a way to tell if I have oem or reman axles? I just bought my car and asking the previous owner is pointless, he either doesn't know the answer or plays dumb.

·
silver,AT,non-navi
63 Posts
Is there a way to tell if I have oem or reman axles? I just bought my car and asking the previous owner is pointless, he either doesn't know the answer or plays dumb.
My aftermarket (passenger side only) axle shook the whole car when accelerating from 30-40 mph. Thanks to this board, I went back to the repair shop, and asked them to rebuild my original axle. Luckily for me, the repair shop made the correction by rebuilding the original axle, and installing it free of charge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Inner Axle Joint Replacement

I'm replacing the inner joint and I'm having a bit of trouble getting the passenger side off the splines. What's the best place to apply pressure to remove the inner joint off of the extension shaft splines?

·
#HTinyourcorner
3,174 Posts
Aren't OEM Honda Axle's remanufactured too? :donno:

Unless you're talking about aftermarket remanufactured then yeah they're not that great. Raxles are real good axles from what I heard as they rebuild OEM axles. When my passenger side inner cv boot was torn though, I called up Raxles and they said that they haven't had a TSX axle for years :( So I guess YMMV :laugh:
The dealers sell both new and genuine-branded reman axles. So be aware they are not the same things.

ALL new axles of aftermarket brands, I would not use. They all carry a risk of vibration right out of the box. It seems to be mainly these TSX applications and we really don't know why. But the good news is, if you are getting vibration on your original axles, we now offer Fastline Performance inner joint kits.

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/new-fastline-performance-inner-axle-joint-kits.html

·
#HTinyourcorner
3,174 Posts
I'm replacing the inner joint and I'm having a bit of trouble getting the passenger side off the splines. What's the best place to apply pressure to remove the inner joint off of the extension shaft splines?
It can be a bear to get that one out. You'll need to use different methods...perhaps getting a piece of wood to hammer against to try and knock it out?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wanted to say thanks for posting this. I'm getting some vibration under acceleration as well and am afraid it is the passenger side inner CV. I do am hard parted with funds so going to go with an aftermarket one with a lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I went aftermarket at a Advanced and it still had an issue. Picked up some Gator Axles and they seem to be holding up fine after a full day at Road Atlanta.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just did my driver's side axle and what worked for me getting the axle loose from the trans was to drive a fat flat head into the gap with a hammer. It came immediately loose. I had been messing with it for 30 minutes and bam...popped loose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here are the steps how to step for replacement two CV joint axles

1. Start by disconnecting the battery, jacking up the vehicle and allowing some penetrating oil to soak into any retaining bolts.

2. Moving brake lines and other obstacles out of the way of wrenches is a good bet before beginning.

3. Loosening but not removing the strut top mounts and sway bar end link bushings can provide a bit more suspension travel for easier axle removal.

4. and remove the wheel side axle mounting bolts.

5. Separate the axle from the wheel. Do not allow the axle to hang from the transmission or differential. Oil seals could be damaged.arare

6. Gently pull, pry or otherwise liberate the axle from the transmission or differential. Do not bend axle seals. Be careful not to tear the transmission or differential oil seals.

7. The axle splines on the left show damage. Note the c-clip on both axles.

8. Don't forget to transfer any axle seals, ABS rings or other parts to the replacement axles.

9. Guide the replacement CV joint axle into place. Depending on the type of retainer, the axle should click firmly in place.

10. Always use the proper torque on the axle bolts. Check axle rotation. Reassemble dismantled components.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Want more DIY car maintenance tips? Register now. How to replace CV joint axle. For many years, the much-ballyhooed invention of the wheel has overshadowed the most likely, near-simultaneous invention of an equally important modern innovation: the axle. Without the axle, the wheel would not do anyone much good.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Want more DIY car maintenance tips? Register now. How to replace CV joint axle. For many years, the much-ballyhooed invention of the wheel has overshadowed the most likely, near-simultaneous invention of an equally important modern innovation: the axle. Without the axle, the wheel would not do anyone much good.
Admins handle this guy please

·
Registered
30 Posts
All front wheel drive and independent rear suspension cars utilize a CV axle to deliver power from the engine to the wheels. These CV axles have six balls inside a CV joint that acts as a universal that allows extreme movement while delivering smooth rotational energy.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts