Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read the last response - Please don’t flame me for posting.

I asked Acura is the Gen 2 TSX offered the option of replacing the trans filter and I got a firm No.

I would like to also have the filter replaced to keep the system well.

Is this filter available to be replaced?

If so please help me to find the filter part number for a 2013 TSX.

If we could of done this repair why not, thank you
I'll get the part number when I get home. Bought my filter at the dealership. After replacing mine, I noticed the transmission start slipping a bit now. It's always a gamble with transmission fluid changing on a used vehicle. Did about 4 drain and fills on my Lexus IS 350 with 160k miles a few weeks later than my tsx (Lexus I bought with 155k miles) and it shifts much smoother than before. So..... Just be aware of the chance you take with changing the fluid and filter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for the part number when you can. I’m of the mind that if it’s slipping and already broken that I’d rather know earlier than later. So either way I’d want to replace the filter to at least know.

Because the filter is a part that isn’t even acknowledged for replacement, I sorta think Acura as a whole isn’t interested in even fixing this part cause it “might” extend the life of the vehicle to force a repurchase of another car sooner than later.

I think we all should know of this filter for maintenance. All customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"lifetime transmission fluid" = lifetime vehicle sales for manufacturers. Is your transmission already slipping? Mine wasn't before doing the drain and fills. It is now, but I'm pretty easy on the car, and drive a ton of highway miles, so it's not a huge concern for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don’t notice any slipping. It’s still on point so far. Hearing the noise tho makes me wonder if changing into the filter now will save the tranny or still make the sounds after. This along with a flush, really none of these parts should cause issues and most with this issue seem to occur long after 100k.

Imagine the filters being replaced as a routine, the trannys might never fail. The part for the filter isn’t openly advertised by the dealership or the dealership techs. They act like they don’t even know it’s existence to customers.

Anyway, I’d appreciate the part for this filter and will move to get it in and see what happens. If it’s busted I’m gonna try Aamco for the repairs and diagnosis since Acura isn’t being all that good on even acknowledging this sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't flush, just do drain and fills. But, still, good luck. Yeah, the dealership doesn't like to talk transmission for some reason :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
FYI: I highly (and I mean highly) recommend having a pair of long needle nose plyers with a 90 degree bend! I did the first filter change with the largest set of plyers, and they kept slipping off the hose clamps. It took much longer than expected.

Upon completion, I immediately ordered a set of those 90 degree plyers. I expect the next filter change will take half as long...lol

21 - 27 of 27 Posts