Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just thought I'd drop a few pics of a custom cold air intake I did last night on my TSX. I used a pipe I had from my old Civic intake and removed the stock baffel. Car sounds meaner when accellerating and revs a little quicker. I cut out the vents on the OEM fog cover to allow more cold air to the pipe inlet as well. It still used the stock filter but gets a more direct flow to it, to speed air velocity. Oh well, it will do just fine until some aftermarket intakes come out for the TSX. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The old stock baffle. Now that looks like it will slow some air down huh? Not to mention it pulls hot air from under the hood.

D.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking about it, but wan tto try to find a high flow drop in filter that fits it first. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a little more responsive. Nothing night and day though. the sound is a lot nicer. :)

D.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you should really invest in a filter. can you say hydro lock

·
TSX of the Month Winner
122 Posts
looks good! what is the outer diameter of the intake piping you used? i am looking to build my own intake with some piping from jcwhitney.

G

·
defnitely good idea.... I'm actaully thinking of doing the same but thinking of haviing the intake pipe opening flush against the back of the chin vent...so all air entering will enter into the intake.

I'm thinking some kind of funel attached to a some kind of flexible tubing. Is that 2.5 or 3 in ch mandrel bent turbing you used? Also did you just use a 3" pvc connector to attach it to the bottom of the stock box?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
tinkysd said:
defnitely good idea.... I'm actaully thinking of doing the same but thinking of haviing the intake pipe opening flush against the back of the chin vent...so all air entering will enter into the intake.
Just be careful not to drive through any deep puddles during rain storms.

Some years ago there were numerous insurance claims filed for damaged piston and rods due to low mounted intake systems.

It seems when some car manufacturers redesigned their cars during the 90's, they relocated air intakes through low openings in the front bumpers. During severe rain storms, drivers would plow through deep poodles and were sucking water into their engines and creating ridiculous amounts of engine damage.

It must have been significant because none of the manufactures locate their intakes that low anymore.

G

·
Very good...but beware...

This is awesome but beware... until now I am not dare to do this again.
That's how I killed my 98 EL, I removed the sand box and re-route the pipe next to the signal light. 05 summer I drove throught I puddle, and it sucked up 5L of water and filled up the engine....
then that's how I get my TSX now... LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts