Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got really bored today, so i figured id try it out since my CAI filter lies right above and behind the fog light cover. And yes, I realize that this probally does nothing what so ever ;)

Before:

After:

Attachments

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
hmmm thats cool, i might try that

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
it increases air flow to the intake...if you have it in CAI mode... Just make sure you put a screen behind it to collect dirt & etc.

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, im planning to put screening around each slot but just havent figured whats the best way to secure it there yet. Any ideas? only thing i can come up with is super-glue. Also i was thinking of putting filter oil on the screen so that it resists water better.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hmmm...u sure superglue will hold from all the wind/rain?

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most likely not. Im just going to get a peice of screen and wrap it around the back and cut a few small holes on the top of the fog light cover and a few on the bottom and just hold it down with some zip ties or something.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
It's been recommended to gut the fog cover if you have a intake installed. Should be part of the intake installation guide.

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it seems like it should be. Easy to do and from the looks of it, alot more cool air would be getting to the cai filter.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Triz said:
most likely not. Im just going to get a peice of screen and wrap it around the back and cut a few small holes on the top of the fog light cover and a few on the bottom and just hold it down with some zip ties or something.
ah ha...that should work better... Not sure if you've worked with screens before... make sure you roll the ends a couple times so the zip ties don't work its way loose from the screen...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts