Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got mine in today. Did the two parts of your header line up or did you have to work at it to make it fit. It looks like I will have to use a pry bar to move the pipes in order to make them fit.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's a slip joint, So it's gonna be a little hard to get them together. Jist keep working at it and it sould be good!

·
EG TO DC2 TO CL9
129 Posts
its a slip joint just a heades up coat the inside of the female pipe about half inch in with anti seize and the should take care of leaks and ease when taking it apart one day. Use the loctite C5-A. It is high temp - a little expensive but nothing is better.

·
-
1,571 Posts
its a slip joint just a heades up coat the inside of the female pipe about half inch in with anti seize and the should take care of leaks and ease when taking it apart one day. Use the loctite C5-A. It is high temp - a little expensive but nothing is better.

Nope... Take it to any muffler shop & get that slip joint welded up properly. It will take them 10 minutes & minimal cost.

The slip joint in the connecting pipe is an excellent idea. It makes the header easier to install & more forgiving when you have an aftermarket header with tolerences, & then a factory or aftermarket cat back exhaust with tolerences.

·
EG TO DC2 TO CL9
129 Posts
Calagary did you intstall it all together as one piece because i couldnt jack my care up high enough to get it in their as one piece.

·
-
1,571 Posts
Calagary did you intstall it all together as one piece because i couldnt jack my care up high enough to get it in their as one piece.

I don't have nor have I installed this header. You will have to assemble the header prior to install. The header with the slip joints, not the intermediate pipe with the slip joints.

You will have to jack up the car high enough to get the header in there. I would recommend car ramps for the front so the floor jack & any jack stands are not in the way. Then jack up the rear of the car also.
You will not be able to install the header in 2 separate pieces.
The small intermediate pipe will easily go on in after the header is installed.

Good luck, it will all be worth it when installed... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys, i just got my PLM header installed and it i noticed a weird ticking sound. It sounds like an engine with a bad valve adjustment. Except I can only hear it when pressing on the gas. Have you guys noticed this? I am assuming it is the exhaust gases hitting the stainless steel pipe and causing this sound? Thanks.

·
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey guys, Sorry I have been MIA for a while. After a little of driving the ticking did get a bit louder and louder. I started the car and looked for some leaks and found some on the slip joints. I got them welded and I still hear a little ticking. There are no more leaks, I think it is just the way the header is made.

My buddy had these PLM headers on his Rsx-s and we herd the same ticking as is stated in this tread. He went to Weapon-R header, it was there, just a little bit softer.

I am not sure what the problem is with is as I am still looking into it. I will let yall know if I find anything solutions for this.

·
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I connected the slip joints and tighten it till it wouldn't go any more. I guess that's why I didn't have any leaks for a few months.

I just used a big jack with jack stands on the front and was able to get the header up there.

·
AT MAGIC
303 Posts
maybe a stupid question...
but where's the flex pipe?

i broke my flex pipe (stock) and i was planning on going DC headers which comes with the flex but came across this headers thread

·
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
There is no Flex pipe on this. Some say you have to get one, but I have had this for 6 months now and have had no problems.

·
AT MAGIC
303 Posts
There is no Flex pipe on this. Some say you have to get one, but I have had this for 6 months now and have had no problems.
i drive my car HARD on triptronic so i reallly need one. i think im gonna go with DC headers and flex with variant catback :) thanks though.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Hawaii
1,506 Posts
Hey man, thanks so much for this thread... I got mines installed, just gotta weld the testpipe.. I was on open headers coming home lol but I def felt the difference esp when I hit the vtec!!! I was like daaaamnnnnnn!!! +rep to u :)

·
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks for the kind words!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts