Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A guy who loves his car
33 Posts
Hello TSX drivers,
I installed blue LEDs for the interior of my 2005 Acura TSX manual with nav! Since I havent seen a DIY on this forum for interior lights, I decided to make one. This is an easy mod, it took me about an hour to do (I was very careful). There is no cutting, soldering, or anything like that. The kit I bought is 100% plug and play. You can buy the exact same kit as I got on amazon, Click here . Enjoy the DIY guide!
PS: The captions will be before the picture
__________________________________________________________________________________
This is what the package of LEDs looks like. It includes 6 LEDs. 3 for the roof, 2 for the doors, and 1 for the trunk.

I used a precision screwdriver set. It came with a lot of screwdrivers (made for computers). I used the smalled 1.0mm flat head screw driver. A trim removal tool is better to use, but my auto store didn't have any in stock.

I suggest covering the screwdriver with something, so it doesn't scratch your interior. I used a piece of paper towel

First: Take out the map light cover. You do this by sticking the screwdriver in, on the far right side. Once the screwdriver is inside the gap, you pry the top off.

Once you get the top out, you have to pull the whole cover off. It is hard to d o the first time. You just have to work at it till it come off. be careful not to break any clips

This is what it looks like without the light cover. You have to pull out the stock light (it is hold on tight! You have to pull and wiggle it, till it comes out).

You replace the two map lights with this bulb...

This is how it should look like when you install the new LED

Test the light. If the light doesn't come on, then simply flip the light 180 degrees (reverse the polarity)

Put back the light cover. Put the bottom side in first. Then snap the top in.

This is how the light looks like with the cover on.

Comparison of the two lights. Stock on the left, LED on the right.

Simply repeat the procedure for the left side

Next, we will do the rear map light.

To take off the rear map light cover, you have to pry it off, behind the switch.

Pull out the stock light, and replace with the LED

To put back the light cover, you have to inset the two tabs behind the switch first. The the two front ones will clip in.

This is how the light looks like with the blue LED

Third, We will do the door/puddle light.

To take out the door/puddle light cover you have to pry the tabs at the top. You have to push the screwdriver in deep.

How the light looks like without the cover. You simply have to pull on the light. It will pop out

How it should look like with the LED.

To put the cover back, you have to insert the two bottom tabs first, then the top will snap in.

How the door/puddle light looks light completed.

I have to continue the guide in a comment below...

·
A guy who loves his car
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part two of the DIY guide

This is a continue post (I was limited to the pictures in the first post)

Lastly, We will do the trunk light.

To take it off, you have to unclip the clip in the cover. It will take quite a bit of work to get it off.

You can unclip the power plug, it will make it easier to swap the lights.

Swap the stock light with your new blue LED.

How the trunk light looks when it is all finished.

Here are some pictures of the car with the blue LED interior lights. This was taken at night.

And that concludes my DIY guide for blue LED interior lights. I really love the lights. It has been in my car for about a week and I really like it. I get a lot of comments from people saying they like it. Please let me know if you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Thank for you reading the guide! I hope it helped you!
kdisjubjub

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Good for u man.
Nice writeup. +rep
All of my interior lights have been out for the longest time and I just never got around to replacing them. I'll probably go with ijdmtoys or superbrightleds...whichever is better I guess...............someday. =/

p.s.
what pics??

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Nice DIY :thumbsup:

I really like that you showed yourself covering the flat head with something to prevent scratching.

·
5,036 Posts

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Yup. Are you viewing it from work?
Cellphone. :scratch:
I'll try my laptop.

*nevermind*
my phone's trippin'... pics finally popped up.

as simple and basic as this is to do this is a great DIY for anyone to refer to. :tu:

·
A guy who loves his car
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is the trunk part or the license plate?? or is the license plate light seperate?
I showed how to change the trunk light. This is the light that turns on when you open the trunk door. I will be posting a DIY guide on how to install white LED license plate light. Just keep a look out for it.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I can't see the pics on my phone or on my computer :( is it just me?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just replaced my bulbs with LEDs today and wanted to say thank you for writing this up. Really helped me carefully take the covers off. Well done!

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Do the LEDs gradually dim when getting in the car like the stock bulbs?

·
5,036 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts