Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying the USA Spec iPod interface but I would like to know if this is something I can accomplish in my garage. I've installed several audio systems in many different cars so I'm not new to audio equipment. The USA Spec iPod interface seems to be the most popular. Is there a DIY installation of this adapter on this forum? I'm new to the TSX. How simple is it to get to the back of the navi/radio unit? Thanks in advance.

USA Spec iPod® Interface for Honda Connects your iPod to select Honda/Acura factory radios at Crutchfield.com

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vehicle in the video doesn't have the touch screen navigation. Is there any difference between the two? My TSX has the navigation screen. I'm pretty confident that I can install the USA Spec adapter. I appreciate the video link however. It did show how it all functions not so much on the installation side.

·
Full Fledged Member
111 Posts
I have an 08 with Nav, and I was able to install it without much effort in like 5 minutes. You simple take out the cubby beneath the Nav Screen (storage spot) and then drill a hole in it to run the wires through. Disconnecting the main radio circuits and running them through the USASpec unit is a snap as well, and requires no tools.

However, Ive had 2 different experiences with 2 units in my car. The one i have now that works great for the most part, seems to short out my Nav screen on occasion, or prevent it from being 'clickable' / responsive. That might just be my car though. I'd like to see how it works in yours.

FYI the Support Team there is pretty reasonable, and if it doesnt work you can just send it back.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help! This is some valuable info.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found a good deal on a USA Spec adapter on Ebay. Bought gonna install once I get it. I may do a write up on the install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts