Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX A/T
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a dreadful 2 weeks of figuring out the power folding mirror switch and what kind of wiring I had to do, I successfully installed my power folding mirrors (with some exceptions). Since there's not a lot of information about these, I'm hoping this post might help a bit. I'm not liable for anything if anyone follows my steps.

For the power folding mirrors to sync up and work properly, a wire has to be fed through from each door. I started off from the passenger side door and cut the black wire that was on the harness for the mirrors and soldered a wire that the length is pretty much the width of the car.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk Automotive exterior
Hand Finger Gesture Thumb Wrist
Hand Automotive lighting Finger Automotive tire Thumb

Then I secured the wire to the wire loom and out the passenger door. I needed to remove the speaker to get to the loom that was on the bottom of the door so the window doesn't catch on it.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Auto part
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Gas

I fed the wire through the grommet with a clothes hanger and routed the wire across the dashboard, and to the driver's side footwell. Removing the bolt for the door stay made this a bit easier.

Then, I came to something unexpected. The driver's side door has a connector instead of what it was like on the passenger door. I couldn't find a way to feed the wire directly to the door.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Steering part

So I searched for another "hot when on" power source and use the black/yellow wire on pin 12 for my feed line for the passenger mirror. I took the yellow wire from the master windows switch and teed it off into pin 6 of the mirror switch. Then I made another tee on the black-yellow pin 12 to the driver's side mirror. Temporarily, I stuck the wire that came across the car into the bottom pin of fuse 30 (very sketchy).
Electrical wiring Wire Electrical supply Cable Wood

Just like that, the mirrors fold in and out with a press of a button! However, the mirror adjustments are flipped so I may have to repin the windows switch to get it correct (up is down, down is up), and when I shake my mirror switch, the light in the switch flickers and I hear a relay clicking and sometimes the mirrors don't work. Not sure what that is, but as long it doesn't start a fire and blow fuses, I should be fine.

Here's what I think I did since I was pretty much working this in the dark. This mod is not for the faint-hearted.

Rectangle Schematic Slope Font Parallel

Edit: made clarification of the wiring diagram. Although wrong, I just added a wire from the orange wire to pin 11 of the mirror switch

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX A/T
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well this sucks, my A/C doesn't work. Fuse 30 shares the same circuit for the recirculation motor, seat heater relay, and the audio-HVAC panel (that's why I heard the clicking), but somehow the fuse keeps blowing. I have to check my wiring again :(

Edit: I also found out fuse 30 connects to the radiator fan circuit. I have to undo this asap.

·
blk/blk 6mt navi
20 Posts
Did you check out the wiring going to the sunroof switch? I know you said there’s no way to run a wire through the driver side door but there’s a harness connector so the wiring is coming from the cabin somehow. As for piggybacking on the sunroof, you’ll never adjust mirrors and sunroof at the same time so you should be fine. I’ll check my TSX’s tomorrow and see if there’s another way you can route it.

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX A/T
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you check out the wiring going to the sunroof switch? I know you said there’s no way to run a wire through the driver side door but there’s a harness connector so the wiring is coming from the cabin somehow. As for piggybacking on the sunroof, you’ll never adjust mirrors and sunroof at the same time so you should be fine. I’ll check my TSX’s tomorrow and see if there’s another way you can route it.
I don't think getting wires from the sunroof circuit would connect to anything in the driver's door... Plus is going through the MICU and I don't want to mess with that.

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX A/T
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, I went to a junkyard found a 7G Accord coupe, and cut off the driver's door harness connector. I might depin a couple terminals and solder the wires to them and make it actually pass through the door harness cleanly. It's a lot of work, but if I'm in this deep, I gotta do it lol.

Wood Landscape Metal Event Wire

I also got to reverse the directions of the mirror adjustments for the JDM switch. You just have to remove the mirror retainer, a couple of Philips screws, and a plastic cover. You have to press a tab on the terminal with a pin to remove the motors. Rotate the motor 180° and install them again (the blue and yellow marking is the original orientation).

Since the JDM mirrors are wider on the driver's side and I see my entire car and the cars behind me, it's acting like another review mirror on the maximum tilt. To remedy this, I installed 3-4 #6 washers from Home Depot behind the right side of the actuator housing. It's better to do it with the mirror housings off the car.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Rim
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior
Electric blue Auto part Engineering Gas Bicycle part

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well this sucks, my A/C doesn't work. Fuse 30 shares the same circuit for the recirculation motor, seat heater relay, and the audio-HVAC panel (that's why I heard the clicking), but somehow the fuse keeps blowing. I have to check my wiring again :(

Edit: I also found out fuse 30 connects to the radiator fan circuit. I have to undo this asap.
did you get to solve this issue? Currently going through the same

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX A/T
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I finally got to pass the wire through the driver's door harness. I soldered the terminals from the Accord to the driver's footwell wire and the one in the door.
Automotive lighting Finger Thumb Automotive tire Jewellery
Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist Blood vessel

Removing the connector on the door was fairly easy, there's a tab on the bottom you need to pull up on and it falls into the door.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire

There's a lock on the connector which you need to pry on a seam with a pocket screwdriver and lift up. I used the bottom left slot on the connector for my wiring.
Automotive lighting Wood Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Gas Electrical wiring Machine Electrical supply Auto part

I passed the wire from the interior with a clothes hanger through the grommet, and to the bottom left corner of the blue connector.
Finger Thumb Electronic component Circuit component Electric blue

Routed the wire with the OEM harness. I found a bunch of rotting adverts laying on the bottom of the door.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Eyewear

Soldered the wires from the mirrors to pin 12 of the switch connector. Make sure to cover the power wire that you cut otherwise it might short out!
Creative arts Finger Thumb Wrist Natural material

And that should be it (officially). No blown fuses, A/C works, radiator fan works, and the rear defroster works!

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX A/T
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's the wiring diagram that I did for my car. Can't believe so many things are being protected by this dinky fuse...
Handwriting Schematic Font Slope Rectangle

There is no relay for the folding mirrors to cut themselves off, it uses a resettable fuse in the mirrors which is the little green thing inside of the mirror motor housing.
Motor vehicle Gas Machine Engineering Automotive tire

1 - 10 of 10 Posts