Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys. For all of you who take long trips and want to protect your front end, this is a great alternative to blue painter's tape

Protective Film : New Car Paint Protection : Paint Protector : Automobile Paint Protection : BuyRoadWrap.com

This material is actually a lot stronger and less time consuming to apply than blue painter's tape.

I ran this film for 2 (48 hours) days. After two days, I took it off and it left some minor residue on the hood. It's not like a sticky residue, but more like a marble looking residue. All it took was one wash and the residue came off. On my return trip, I left it on for three days. It had the same residue but even after 2 car washes, the residue was still there. I then had to mildly polish it out. So I recommend you leaving this on for 24 hours or less so that the residue aren't too hard to remove.

Please remember to follow the instructions on securing down the film. I did a lousy job on my first trip and the film started flapping at high speeds because it became loose. I didn't care for it but after my trip was done, my paint was marred because of the constant hitting from the film.

Pictures provided below on installation and some info.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Great Write-up and good ideaa! This stuff is very interesting and probably a better alternative to blue painters tape...but idk if I am feeling all the wrinkles and bubbles.

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't feeling it either. But I was driving 1000 miles so it was a no brainer to do it.

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
i actually have this and was going to put it on for the drive to acura fest but i wasnt feeling the bubbles so i gave up.its real easy to install tho.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
lol my gf keeps buggin me about going to norcal for summer...maybe this will come handy.

how does this compare to painter's tape?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Great product idea. Does it leave any sticky residue when it is removed? Does it help to remove dirt and dust (like using scotch tape on your clothes)?

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol my gf keeps buggin me about going to norcal for summer...maybe this will come handy.

how does this compare to painter's tape?
It's much more durable and less time consuming to put on than blue painter's tape, as stated in the first post :deal:

Great product idea. Does it leave any sticky residue when it is removed? Does it help to remove dirt and dust (like using scotch tape on your clothes)?
It does not leave sticky residue at all and it's very easy to remove actually. I don't think you ever want to use this to remove dust and dirt......You should really use soap and a wash mitt for that

With that being said, I think it should be obvious to clean your front end before applying this film.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts