Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a re-post, but I couldnt find it.

Reason I did this is because I needed to install an AEM wideband and there is a second grommet that I used for this, but the same steps can be used to replace the secondary o2 sensor.

Jack the car up with stands high enough to get to the secondary o2.

1) slide the front passanger seat all the way foward

2) pop the plastic caps of the seat rails on the back and remove the two bolts

3) slide the seat all the way backwards and remove the two front bolts

4) Slowly and carefully tilt the seat backwards(becareful of the SRS and motor wires)

5) you will see a small black plastic snap and a little access spot in the carpet, remove the snap and peel back the carpet you will see the connector and the grommet for the o2 sensor.

6) disconnect the sensor from the connector and pop the grommet out.

7) go under the car and remove the o2 sensor and feed it back into the car

8) your all done just do everything in reverse to put the new one in!

No pictures for this one but its pretty self explanatory :)

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
Did this today. I got p0138 cel code 3 times since February. twice was with snow. once was with heavy rain.

Doesn't look out of the ordinary... changed it anyway though. Delphi off rock auto for 50

It was nice to have vacuumed under the passenger seat so I even unbolted the drivers seat to clean under there. ha

I dunno if its a placebo effect or its real... cars throttle seems to respond better now when shifting

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard its best to replace both When one goes out. True?
Stock car? Lightly modded? Basic NA tune? No thats over kill, just replace them when they go bad, or if its been determined that its causing a lean or rich issue.

Highly modified, boosted, tuned to the limit, high power motor? Youll change the o2 sensor every 6-12 months as they tend to read less accurately over time. But than again you probably wont have the secondary sensor anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.