Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought that people who are not into TSX don't know that I mod my car... I guess I am wrong.

around 10pm on Cambie north bound. Around 33rd ave, just outside QE park. There is a road block.

Police: Good evening. Drinking Driving CounterAttack
Me: sure (yeah like I care what u do)
Police: where are u coming from?
Me: Richmond (what if I say I came from Hong Kong? LOL)
Police: where are u heading?
Me: home
Police: oh. Any drinks?
Me: nope (I hope water doesn't count...)
Police: (look at my car) Can I see ur driver license?
Me: sure (hand my driver license over)

Then the bastard walk around my car, check my insurace decal (he was looking at my rear license plate), then check my exhaust (I guess, b/c he suddenly disappear from my rear mirror). Lucky I have both front windows all the way down :laugh:

Then he came back to me, hand my driver license back to me and say "You don't race, do u?"
I said: "no, of course I don't"
Police: "good night"

This is the 1st time I have little problem going thru a Drinking-Driving-CounterAttack road block. AND it is VPD, not the RCMP pigs. 1st time they check my driver license and roughly check my ride too... wtf...

Woot!!! at least other people can tell that i mod my car, ha ha ha!!!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Sterotypicalism ... :russ: :007:

If you mod your car, you're a street racer ... That is the most common response I hear from law enforcement warriors. :bs:

Howabout saying, if you own a gun, you're a criminal or terrorist? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
yup .. ~ im with u Noel .. ~ but there r quite some careless drivers drive their moded car and race around in Van.. ~

Yeah .. Saz .. they often put a road block there .. ~ i got stoped by them twince alrdy .. ~ but mostly it's for drinking driving .. ~

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
This treatment is pretty common here as well, but in your case he let you go Saz :thumbsup:
Here they like to give fix it ticket's for modified exhaust's, window tint etc. :(

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
He he he he - at least you didn't do what I did.

I forgot I left the car in first, and a stepped a little too hard on the accelerator...

All the cops turned and looked at me as I was pulling out of there - fortunately, I slammed it into second as soon as I realized the revs were going to hit 5K.

Normally, I start out in second when coming out of those checks so the car sounds like any other "normal" sedan.

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
Revenent said:
He he he he - at least you didn't do what I did.

I forgot I left the car in first, and a stepped a little too hard on the accelerator...

All the cops turned and looked at me as I was pulling out of there - fortunately, I slammed it into second as soon as I realized the revs were going to hit 5K.

Normally, I start out in second when coming out of those checks so the car sounds like any other "normal" sedan.
hey Rev, TOO FUNNY! I'm surprised they didn't pull you over again.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
saz....u are the lucky one.....
coz last time i got pullover by cops....i roll down both window....but he caugh me....he ask me to roll it up.....Shit....
but luck that he didn't give me tix...he just warning me

u are damn lucky with both ur window and exhaust

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Joker said:
Now if it was me, I would have gotten a ticket. :laugh:

Joker - who thinks good looking girl's get warning's (from guy cops) :D
:sprint:

·
I see dead people
117 Posts
Don't hate on the cop for doing his job and being thorough, you never know he might have had a TSX and was admiring your work!

virtualbong said:
Oh man, that would be classic. If I ever get that crap, I hope I have the balls enough to say that.
You wouldn't, 95% wouldn't because they know that being a smart ass is a 100% guarantee that you are going to get a ticket if not multiple tickets. Best bet is to just play it cool. If you got nothing to hide then don't worry about it. You gotta pay if you wanna play. They can get you on anything because you knowingly modified your car, dark tints, loud exhausts, etc. All of these are attention getters (especially to the police). If you play it cool, you might get written, you might not. You decide to be the funny guy, and well lets say its gonna hurt in the wallet.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
SAZABI said:
and do u guys notice? most people who race on the street here have stock car. Esp those that got famous on the news and died, 90% stock cars.
Don't know what the hell the police is thinking...
agree

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.