Acura TSX Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
We recommend the Ingalls ones.
Why are the Ingalls recommended over the SPC ones? And is there any down falls with the Ingalls? Seems like with two arms needing to be adjusted, per side, the alignments shop may have more of an issue getting to camber/toe to spec v. just adjusting the SPC for camber.

Just clarifying before I make my decision on Ingalls v. SPC styles

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can't say really I have mine in a pile of parts in my kitchen waiting to be installed within the next few weeks. But im certain someone will chime in...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is there any HOW TO guides to fit the Ingals kit floating around ? I like to watch videos or read threads with picture step by steps before I go ahead and attempt to do it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Another question about the camber kits, Has anyone on here installed them to an Executive accord/accord with auto level headlights fitted, I'm going to have to fabricate a mounting point onto the Ingals rear camber arm (on the left side of the car) because my factory arm has a bracket welded onto it for the auto level arm to fix too :donno:

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
there's one on youtube... someone is demonstrating how to use the ball-joint tool

·
Registered
2 Posts
front camber kit

I have a Acura tsx 2004. I am replacing my front suspension not lowering or raising just simply replacing with all moog products. I tried to look for a front camber kit to put in so I can get my tires aligned after the suspension work. Dose anyone know if the front end needs a camber kit to get an alignment done. Ive heard of auto shops turning down the alignment due to no camber kit installed but also I've heard of cars that don't need camber kits in the front to get alignments. I see slot of rear chamber kits needed for lowering I'm wondering if I need one for the front if so dose anyone know where I can get one for a good price,

thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like my Ingalls rear camber kit but I have experienced 1 negative thing about it. After 2 years use my camber became very negative. I didn't realize it until I went to rotate my tires and saw that the inside edges had worn down to the threads.

I took my car for a new set of tires and realignment when it was pointed out that the Ingalls kit was the cause. The rubber inserts had collapsed so much that they were squeezing out, almost out of the arms. I ordered new kits and had the car re-aligned. Every year I have to have the camber adjusted to be neutral to account for this. I wish they used harder rubber or urethane inserts. That would definitely reduce the issue and increase the longevity of the arms.

I did consider going with the single-piece top mount adjustable arms but they do not have toe adjustment, just camber and I have a slight toe issue.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I like my Ingalls rear camber kit but I have experienced 1 negative thing about it. After 2 years use my camber became very negative. I didn't realize it until I went to rotate my tires and saw that the inside edges had worn down to the threads.

I took my car for a new set of tires and realignment when it was pointed out that the Ingalls kit was the cause. The rubber inserts had collapsed so much that they were squeezing out, almost out of the arms. I ordered new kits and had the car re-aligned. Every year I have to have the camber adjusted to be neutral to account for this. I wish they used harder rubber or urethane inserts. That would definitely reduce the issue and increase the longevity of the arms.

I did consider going with the single-piece top mount adjustable arms but they do not have toe adjustment, just camber and I have a slight toe issue.

Ingalls re-designed their bushings to combat this problem. Heeltoe released a statement about it on their website.

Also - if you use only the upper arm for camber your stock toe can still be adjusted via the stock cam nuts. I have an upper kit and Ingalls lower camber/toe arms and the adjustments are almost unlimited.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Didnt they used to have a kit which included the SPC Front Arms, Ingalls & SPC Rear Camber Adjustment? I cant find it on there site for some weird reason

61 - 77 of 77 Posts