Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daguhter gave me her 2005 TSX this past weekend. She wanted it to be in great shape when she gave it to me so she took it to the dealer and asked them to do a bumper to bumper to be sure everything was right on the car. They kept the car for two days. That was longer than they stated it would take them. They replaced one hose. They did not fix the door locks that do not work nor did they mention to her that the front brakes were bad. She got the car back and the next day she had a flat tire. Saturday of course and the dealer repair was closed. The tire shop could not repair the tire it had severe heat damage where a section of it was melted. Not your everyday road damage. They said they doubted that happened on the car. We got another tire and took pictures of the damaged one for the dealer. I took the car home and Monday I was planning to have the 4 month old Michelins on the back moved to the front and picking up another new tire to match the one I bought Sat for the back. That is when I realized the 4 month old tires were not there. The dealer had replaced all 4 tires on this car with old tires. None of them matched. The back two which were repaced with a falken and a yokhoma tire. We cannot prove this. We did not take pictures of the tires before we had the car repaired. It is our word against theirs. We are going to have to buy 4 new tires. I will be sure everyone knows they did this. Not once but twice. When we bought the car it was a month old when my daughter got a flat. Again went to a tire shop and it could not be repaired. The brand new car had a 2002 tire, a 2004 tire and two 2003 tires. On a brand new Acura. My daughter went to Michelin and they made the dealer make it right. Do not go to this dealer. The only satisfaction I am ever going to see is the opportunity to warn others not to use this dealer. :madfawk:

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
good call, thank you for posting.
seems like that dealer is very, very shady and needs to be avoided.

·
v8 juice is the siiiit
266 Posts
I'm just very shocked at the tire part. Why on earth would they switch out your original tires to other ones? A reason behind that for doing so would be nice. And not mentioning "what else" is wrong with the car is a really scumbag thing to do, especially if it turns out to be brake pads!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
I'm just very shocked at the tire part. Why on earth would they switch out your original tires to other ones? A reason behind that for doing so would be nice...
Isn't that obvious??
They take better wheels for their cars. I'm sure they didn't just change the tires but the entire wheels. If they have their own cars or the loaners or demos, they can definitely use better wheels after they use up theirs :)

Never trust a dealer. You might as well give out your bank account and pin out on the street. :)

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
That's really low. Maybe they "replaced" other parts as well? Check if your lug nuts are now rusty and old.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right on the wheels

Your probably right on the wheels. The wheels on this car look like they hit every curb. I don't remember them looking like that before. I didn't look at the lug nuts when I bought the new tires. My daughter is only 24 yrs old. They just figured they could take advantage of her. I don't understand them not doing the repairs either. Your right the brakes were serious. They missed a chance to charge her something. They did do one repair. They replaced one hose. That was a warranty item.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
what was wrong with the hose? You sure they didn't just clean it instead? :)
I've never heard of any issues with honda hoses on cars less than several years old. Sounds like BS to me, too. Dealers just prey on gullible people.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Isn't that obvious??
They take better wheels for their cars. I'm sure they didn't just change the tires but the entire wheels. If they have their own cars or the loaners or demos, they can definitely use better wheels after they use up theirs :)

Never trust a dealer. You might as well give out your bank account and pin out on the street. :)
Sounds like you had very bad experiences going to dealers. There are bad dealers but there are also excellent ones. The one near me is a lousy one but the one in Pa(Lehigh Valley Acura) is excellent.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
yes, I had plenty of bad experiences with dealers, and very very little good experience. For me the word 'dealer' by default == 'cheat' which is the norm. And if I get a nice experience, that's extraordinary.

In my life I only met few dealers that didn't try to rip me off and were honest from the start. One was a sales guy at a Garden State Honda, Passaic, NJ who was pissed off at his management, and the other was a sales manager at Madison Honda, Madison, NJ who were at the time building up and growing, and therefore needed sale numbers more than sale revenues.
As far as bad experiences... that would be way too long for anyone to even want to read, but out of all of them, Paragon Acura in NY beats them all with the most elaborate cheating schemes I ever came across.

·
TSXClub East Coast Crew
411 Posts
yes, I had plenty of bad experiences with dealers, and very very little good experience. For me the word 'dealer' by default == 'cheat' which is the norm. And if I get a nice experience, that's extraordinary.

In my life I only met few dealers that didn't try to rip me off and were honest from the start. One was a sales guy at a Garden State Honda, Passaic, NJ who was pissed off at his management, and the other was a sales manager at Madison Honda, Madison, NJ who were at the time building up and growing, and therefore needed sale numbers more than sale revenues.
As far as bad experiences... that would be way too long for anyone to even want to read, but out of all of them, Paragon Acura in NY beats them all with the most elaborate cheating schemes I ever came across.
I highly recommend DCH Montclair Acura to you. They will not rip you off. My sales adviser is Paul Wong. My service adviser is Christopher Park.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

Please give some personal bad experiences. One or two would due

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
sorry to hear that i would've told you sooner not to go to Esserman or any dealer in Miami they all suck....the only dealer i've gotten any good service from was at Rick Case Acura they treated me like i owned the damn company lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts