Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, while driving home during a rainstorm with my lights on (not high beams), I was following some guy in a Civic who pulled to the side of the road, pulled back in after I passed and then flashed me. Do other TSX drivers experience getting flashed by drivers not realizing that HIDs are really just bright headlights, not high beams?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'v had a lot of on coming cars flash their lights at me. These HIDs are much brighter than regular headlights and if the angle was right, the beam could be directly going right at the other drivers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yep i am thequeen of getting flashed about evry 2nd car.....my lights are right on as i had then checked.....get use to it.....Now if we only ha HID HIGH BEAMS..that would show thm.....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Well if u want HID High Beams, its doable, just a little pricey, HOEN makes some bulbs that are made to appear like HID's bunch of guys have them on their foglights, im sure theres an application available that match our headlights too...

HID's are Brighter then normal headlights, and a lot of people think there your brights... just give em a flash and they will realize that those are your low beams lol

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
actually i have heard of a problem of the tsx, maxima, murano, headlights. They tend to bounce a bit inside the housing, therefore giving drivers ahead of you the impression that you are high-beaming them......just my two cents.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
rabbitman said:
Last night, while driving home during a rainstorm with my lights on (not high beams), I was following some guy in a Civic who pulled to the side of the road, pulled back in after I passed and then flashed me. Do other TSX drivers experience getting flashed by drivers not realizing that HIDs are really just bright headlights, not high beams?
haha i'd problly pull over and get back behind him and show him the difference.

I had peep flashing me a few times.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
It happens! :banghead:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
only when on uneven ground and any headlight would've flashed them. Shortly after they find out how bright my brights truley are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts