• 6MT with VSA OFF

Votes: 4 10.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick poll... nothing formal...

How many of you drive with VSA off? List your transmission type, and whether you use it... I'd like to see what people are doing out there...

I just bought a brand new TSX, 6 speed manual.

I like VSA off... it gives me more the feel like my RSX-S had. I dont like the throttle response with VSA on.

Just my .02

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I added a poll for you... :thumbsup:

5AT, on most of the time.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
5AT...in the summer its usually off, bad weather...on

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
I just leave the damn thing on.

Annoying sometimes, but since I do highway driving, I figure it's a small safety net.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
5AT, on except a couple of times when I experimented just for curiosity.

(Well done poll, tekn and TRU!)

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Hmm

For those of us who still know little about cars (I am still trying to figure out the horsepower - torque thing --- oh, & low end torque)

Anyhoo, I leave mine on & do not see any reason to turn it off .... ? It only kicked in once when I slid on some ice & was quite helpful

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got a 6 speed MT and have the VSA switched on all the time at present. I keep meaning to switch it off to see how balanced the car is (or how I am more to the point) without it but whenever I get in the car I simply forget (duh).

I have a suspicion that it kills the acceleration a bit under damp conditions and also some pace round bends but then the system is allegedly a very discrete one. I am therefore leaning toward a view where one should not be spinning the wheels or breaking traction (however little) when making good progress so it's probably a good thing leaving it switched on. Any thoughts ??

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
5AT - VSA always on cause I don't wanna end up in a ditch

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I leave the VSA on.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
on. It's there to help in case of an accident. You won't have time to turn in on when you need it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
don't drive a TSX

but i have the TCS on my accord v6 off when it's dry.

(TCS only works to keep the wheel from spinning at low speed)

it seems to give better mpg (maybe just in my head) and better throttle response.

i drove it with TCS off in the wet, wheel spin comes easily and it does makes a difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow quite a response from my "informal" poll. hehe I guess I like to make waves everywhere I go...

I did some testing today with VSA on/off. My findings are that its easier to get moving from a stop in my 6-speed MT with VSA off. When VSA is on, it needs a little more throttle while disengaging the clutch before forward motion is achieved.

With VSA off, I notice I don't need as much throttle when easing off the clutch. I really prefer with VSA disabled... could just be me...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
tekn0mage said:
.....hehe I guess I like to make waves everywhere I go.....
Good thing if you're in a place like Hawaii. :D

BTW.....we have to wonder, where else have you made waves?

Larchmont, who has made one or two also. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts