Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they would. The Nakayama Vador (hyper black finish) looks exactly like the rims for the 04 TL A-Spec (except for the Acura symbol on the center cap). What do you guys think? Should I get the Nakayama Vador's (huggin on some 215/45-18 Michelin Pilot Sports) for my Nighthawk Black TSX?

Attachments

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
They probobly gonna look really good on the tsx anyone think the same way?

How much they costing you with tires?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's gonna be around $2000. The rims are $231 a pop. Those Michelin Pilot Sport's in that size will be $253 a pop. I'm trying to find the tires for a cheaper price though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rims may work

I checked into those same Vador 5s. The wheel is 18x7.5 with a +45 offset. 235/40R18 tires would be just about the exact diameter as the stock tire diameter. The only concern I have is if the +45 offset would push the wheel/tire combo out too far and also cause some rubbing. Also, I can't seem to find the Vadors in Silver. The Hyper Black wheel on my Black TSX may appear "dirty". I think Silver is a better choice because of the chrome accents on the door handles and around the windows.

Let me know if you find out any fitment detail on the Vadors. One more thing, the Acura dealer told me he thought the TL wheels are made by Enkei. Apparantly Enkei makes OEM wheels for Acura, but doesn't make them available to the public.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the info RajunCajun. The Vador's come in three stlyes. The hyper black finish (pic above), glossy black, and chrome. I found these rims at www.discounttiredirect.com

You can email them and ask them advice about what size tire to get with the rim. The 215/45-18 will be pushed out and rub because of the 45 offset. I believe the guy that emailed me back told me that a 215/40-18 (or 215/35-18, I can't remember) should not cause that problem.

Yeah, the rims for the TL A-Spec are made by Enkei exclusively for Acura.

Let me know how things go.

I was also thinking about putting the SSR GT1's on my TSX. What do you guys think about it?

Attachments

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
i love the kit!!!! its hot!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
accsuperstar said:
just go look at the pics of the apec tsx they have the 18 tls on there but in chrome (you get the idea)
I stopped by my local Acura Dealer and asked a Service writer if the TL ASpec rims would fit on my TSX and he said "No".

He said the TSX ASpec kit should be available later this year.

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
Miseaujeu said:
He said the TSX ASpec kit should be available later this year.
SWWWWEEEETTT!!!!, I guess I will be saving my pennies (literally saving my pennies :D )......1blue1.gif

1 - 20 of 23 Posts