Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do ya'll use engine treatment... Is it worth it? Is it bad for your car? if you do use it, WHAT KIND DO YOU USE?????????????

·
TSX of the Month Winner
37 Posts
THE ONLY ENGINE TREATMENT THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND IS THE ACURA FUEL SYSTEM SERVICE OR WHAT THEY CALL THE DE-CARB SERVICE IT TAKES ALL THE CARBON OFF THE VALVES AND CLEANS THE INJECTORS. THIS MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE LONG RUN.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ACURAOFTEMPE said:
THE ONLY ENGINE TREATMENT THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND IS THE ACURA FUEL SYSTEM SERVICE OR WHAT THEY CALL THE DE-CARB SERVICE IT TAKES ALL THE CARBON OFF THE VALVES AND CLEANS THE INJECTORS. THIS MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE LONG RUN.
Is it in the user manual ??

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used BG44k in my Civic. Supposed to put it in every 7500 miles or every other oil change. It did a good job of getting all the carbon out and increased my mpg greatly. Im going to try it after I do my first oil change and see if it does anything. It's around $20/can.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
I didn't put engine treatment in my car... I am using Mobil1 and I think it is enough already. Oil change every 5000km. That' should be good enough. I am planning to try Shell Helix next time (if I can find where they sell it locally).

For fuel system... I put cleaner like once a year....

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Old thread. But has anyone found any success in oil addictives with sythetic oil? Or any successful fuel additives?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,851 Posts
Seafoam anyone?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Pacemaker_Guy said:
Seafoam anyone?
Word. Seafoam is some good stuff. I used in all my old cars every 35K miles. Or Marvel Mystery Oil. Seafoam is good stuff though

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
How do you use the seafoam? I used it on my truck through the vacuum line but I'm not sure where I would do it for the TSX.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,851 Posts
Ya I know. I only got 18,8xx but when I hit 30k i'll do it.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I use STP fuel system cleaner every time I change the oil. I like it, car runs smooth and haven had any problems.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
zhieson said:
How do you use the seafoam? I used it on my truck through the vacuum line but I'm not sure where I would do it for the TSX.
you can put some in your gas, some in your oil(few miles before an oil change), and some in your intake via the vacuum line: the brake booster line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts