Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel the steering "channel" and "volume" buttons should be switched?

I am referring to the controls for the radio on the steering wheel. The channel or track buttons are on the inside while the volume buttons are on the outside. This makes the volume buttons the most easily accessible and easiest to find as they are the closest ones to your hand while you almost have to look to hit the track buttons and stretch your thumb to reach them.

This is really annoying to me and makes zero sense since the channel/track buttons are used MUCH more frequently than the volume buttons. Once you've set the volume, you're good for the most part. If I want to suddenly mute the radio it is much quicker to simply hit the power button on the radio and turn it off. The channel/track buttons are used almost every few minutes unless you are ok listening to the entire playlist in order and are in the mood to listen to every one of those songs at the moment which is rarely the case.

Is there any way to reprogram them?

·
Registered
722 Posts
i never even use those buttons on the steering wheel.

i forget they are actually there :laugh:

but then saying that in the two years i have owned my car i have never put a single CD in it. so thinking about it i have no idea if it even works. i just have the radio on.

:laugh:

i suppose some would argue having the volmue on the outside is better when others would argue that track change is better cloest to the outside.

i suppose honda thinks volume is best

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I've never stumbled upon a more trivial thread in my life....

Luckily for you, the usdm accord steering wheels controls are layed out the same way, lol.

When I play my d/led music using aux, I need to change the sound more often as different songs have different levels. Food for thought,

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Just be glad you have buttons on your steering wheel...

But to answer your question - no, I think the button layout on the steering wheel is perfect, and I use them all the time since my car doesn't have an AUX like the '06+ models. I definitely use the volume button more often than the change track button.

·
-
1,750 Posts
I've never stumbled upon a more trivial thread in my life....
LOL... This might be better than his other thread about the TSX is too long, too short, too big, too small, too wide, too narrow.. AFTER he bought one... :laugh:

LOL, how old are you?
Please don't respond if you don't have anything positive to contribute
The sad thing is that TSXnewbie5 may be serious and not a troll...

My advice to TSXnewbie5:

1. Never use the word "newbie" in your user name for any forum.
2. Read and learn before posting in any forum.
3. The TSX is an excellent well balanced car. It may not be the right car for you though. Stop posting until you have made up your mind to keep it.
4. Good luck with whatever you decide. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
i honestly have to agree with him, i mean ive only owned the car for a week but so many times ive gone to turn the volume up and changed songs instead haha..oops. just takes some time getting used to!

·
My car whines
637 Posts
if anything, i find the controls to be a bit too close to the horn. there was one time at a traffic light where i wanted to change tracks and accidentally hit the horn instead. the guy in front of me must have been like "wtf why is this idiot honking at me?" haha :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.