Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have a K&N cone filter and thought would like to replace with a mugen one if there is one made. The K&N is closed at the top with a metal cover and a open one would probably have more sporty growl.

Cheers

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The only Mugen air filter cleaner is the one for the S2000 application, that filter is not compatible with most other intakes simply because of the size. Even if it did ... It's quite small compared with standard replacement cone styled filters. This is also a single suction type.

BMC makes a twin suction type (Which is what you're looking for). All you need to do is find out the size diameter of the current K&N one and you'll have the best of both worlds. This would also be one of the more highly priced filters on the market because of the design, size and material used.

This is your nearest authorized BMC distributor/reseller.

Speedzone Motorsports Malaysia
115, Jalan SBC 1 Taman Sri Batu Caves
Selangor Darul Ehsan 68100 Malaysia
Telephone - +603 6188 1770
Fax - +603 414 32521
Email - [email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noel,

Thanks for your prompt reply again...I had just fixed a K&N filter within my stock air box with custom piping for cold air flow. Although the sound and power is there, the sound could be much better. If the mugen or the bmc one has a cone to fix within my air box I may change it in a few months time as a secondary cone.

However your posting on gruppe air charger made me rethink my intake mods.. :laugh:

Thanks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
No probs ... Actually the OEM airbox design is highly restrictive thanks to a large resonator for sound/noise reduction. All of that should be removed and replaced with a direct flow if possible. How is your setup done BTW? Did you remove the bottom half resonator and extend some sorta pipe downwards?

You also need to watch heat soak and rain especially on the materials used. It could prove to be a deprovement rather than an improvement especially when temperatures are high. Not to mention the monsoon season rains can be quite a concern in relation to hydrolocking.

I'd highly go for a carbon setup especially in a hot weather country because it retains the least amount of heat along with the greatest weight savings whilst maintaining structure regidity.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi noel

my resonator has been removed with a custom piping from the bumper area to the air box. Gruppe is sweet and cool looking.

Regards

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Let us know if you need more information. Yes, the Gruppe M is a good choice ... It's much better than Mugen in design and layout.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Noel said:
Let us know if you need more information. Yes, the Gruppe M is a good choice ... It's much better than Mugen in design and layout.
Do you know where I can make purchase of the GruppeM airfilter box online?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
Background look like Hong Kong.
I put $10 his/her location is Hong Kong

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanx everybody,I just got the reply from gruppeM, with mail-order form, the price is amazing...I mean the retail price posting on web is just for reference only, the real price is way cheaper than that a lot, about 500-550USD include shipping. They ship it out directly from Japan.

Yes Bender Unit, I am locate in Hong Kong. Since CL7 CL7-R CL9...etc are not selling from local honda retailer, those cars are directly import from japan, although I am locate in Hong Kong, not much shop welling to stock parts for sell, a lot of time need to place order for special parts.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
superx said:
500-550USD include shipping. They ship it out directly from Japan.
Now that's a Great Price. :woowoo: I heard somebody said it cost $7XX USD on the other side.

GT Sport, Mong Kok... I Must go there & check out their shop next time :D

Bender

·
Registered
337 Posts
Noel said:
Mongkok ... GT Sport ... They can order it for you.
GT sport was close for about a year....may be I should try somewhere else...or may be mail order from them... coz yesterday I received their e-mail with order form. Noel, can you help me out about the Tein Suspension question? I want to see your suggestions

·
Registered
337 Posts
Bender Unit said:
Now that's a Great Price. :woowoo: I heard somebody said it cost $7XX USD on the other side.

GT Sport, Mong Kok... I Must go there & check out their shop next time :D

Bender

Bender Unit, if you don't mind I can send you e-mail that GruppeM send me last time, which is all the price information and mail order form, you can take a look for reference

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Didn't know that GT Sport has closed, but I'm sure you know where to buy car parts in Mongkok.

Drop a thread in suspension and LannyM will provide you with relevant help on setting up the Tein coilovers.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
superx said:
Thanx everybody,I just got the reply from gruppeM, with mail-order form, the price is amazing...I mean the retail price posting on web is just for reference only, the real price is way cheaper than that a lot, about 500-550USD include shipping. They ship it out directly from Japan.

Yes Bender Unit, I am locate in Hong Kong. Since CL7 CL7-R CL9...etc are not selling from local honda retailer, those cars are directly import from japan, although I am locate in Hong Kong, not much shop welling to stock parts for sell, a lot of time need to place order for special parts.
Wait the price is really only 500-550USD. Where can I get one of these mail order forms. If that is the price then I will order one today.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
coltsicehockey said:
Wait the price is really only 500-550USD. Where can I get one of these mail order forms. If that is the price then I will order one today.
Uh oh....JDM bug stikes again :D

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
superx said:
Bender Unit, if you don't mind I can send you e-mail that GruppeM send me last time, which is all the price information and mail order form, you can take a look for reference
PM Me those info. now :laugh: Hurry !!!
Thank in Advance

Bender

1 - 20 of 23 Posts