Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is the week of car concerns for me......Anywho.....is it me or does your TSX easily pull one way or the other on the highway. I haven't hit any potholes and the car only has 1500 miles on it. It doesn't seem to be out of alignment during normal driving but on the highway I always seem to be overcorrecting from going into the other lane. Y'know those Wisconsin roads are crappy! :mad:

Thoughts....opinions??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Get the alignment checked, PA Highways suck, feels so weird under the wheels but the car dosent pull, defenutly an Alignment Issue, the TSX out of the factory seems to have alignment issues anyway

N

·
0 Posts
It's a feature!

Read the car and driver "Sustainable Sedans" article. They comment on the steering being to sensitive on highway. I also agree with the article.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
doc you gotta stop "testing" those sample pills they sent you. :D

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
robert_tsxgeek said:
doc you gotta stop "testing" those sample pills they sent you. :D
Heyyyyyyyyyy Roobertttttt... hmph hmmmf ...whaaddayya mmmmmmmmeean buddy?

Im not as thinnk as you drunnkk I am. :drool1: :)

Good article Nachob!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mine has had a subtle pull to the left on the highway ever since I bought it. I had the alignment checked and I have one w/ an out of spec rear camber (-1.0 left and -2.1 right). This has been a known problem plaguing TSXs since they came out. Unfortunately, Acura STILL has not come up w/ a solution.

That's why I bought an aftermkt rear camber kit which I will install shortly and have the car properly aligned. Hopefully, this will resolve the slight pull to the left.

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yofoofoo said:
Is it worse than torque steering?

I meant compare to cars that have torque steering like the TL.
It happens more on the highway and it is not like torque steering. I get this slight pull when I am coasting. Could be the bank of the highway. Not sure.

N

·
0 Posts
yofoofoo said:
Is it worse than torque steering?

I meant compare to cars that have torque steering like the TL.
No the TL suspension gets upset making the car wallow and sidestep. The problem here is that it's hard to keep the TSX tracking straigh but it is definitely not as bad as the TLs poorly tuned suspension.

IMHO

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nachob said:
No the TL suspension gets upset making the car wallow and sidestep. The problem here is that it's hard to keep the TSX tracking straigh but it is definitely not as bad as the TLs poorly tuned suspension.

IMHO
agreed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have this problem - I think it is universal to TSXs. They love to follow grooves in the road :rolleyes: I just had mine aligned and it still does it :doh:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
jcg878 said:
I have this problem - I think it is universal to TSXs. They love to follow grooves in the road...
:sprint:

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
i actually used to think my alignment was off from the get-go. i was about to bring it in, but then between learning to deal with it, and being lazy, i didn't bring it back.
but i noticed on the highway, its extremely sensitive,
for example, if you are on the left or right hand most lane, they're sloped downward, and i find myself having the steering wheel a little off center when i'm going straight, in other cars, i dont do that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
God bless you Guys!! I was going crazy since i got my car (jan 2004) with the pulling to the left on the highway thing. I brought my car in for service a month after i got my car and they (dealership) said they fixed it.... but i was sitll having the problem. I was worried that i bought a lemon and my suspension was all f**d up, and my tires would soon wear out unevenly.

i am glad its not just me :loser:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts