Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh, I accidently broke the left plastic armrest console tab!

Okie, it's mostly my fault. I get irrirated when I pull up on the tab to access the storage bin, the upper bin keeps popping down when raised back at about 45 degrees. So I forcefully put pressure on it and then it snapped. . . This calls for my TSX's first major operation.

I put in the order for the plastic tab (actually I ordered both the left and the right tabs just in case the other one breaks in the future) at my Acura dealership. The parts just came in ($11 and change for both) so hopefully I'll get a chance to work on it this weekend. Wish me luck.

Here are the pictures of the broken tab and its replacement plus the spare.

Attachments

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Oops :eek:
Looks like you have it covered :thumbsup:
Joker - who wonders where you have been :)
BTW, great to see you posting again!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
.....I get irrirated when I pull up on the tab to access the storage bin, the upper bin keeps popping down when raised back at about 45 degrees. So I forcefully put pressure on it and then it snapped.....
I would guess that this is a prevalent defect -- I have exactly the same problem. Nothing has broken yet, but I've had a feeling it's just a matter of time. As far as I know, nobody had posted anywhere before about that problem of the upper bin.

And yes -- as Joker said, great to see you, Whatcham! But sorry it's about something like this!

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joker said:
Joker - who wonders where you have been :)
BTW, great to see you posting again!
Hi guys.

It's good to be back.

Been checking this site maybe couple times a week but been too busy with work and other things to post anything worth of value here.

Naw, I'm not sweating the fix. Hmmm, maybe I'll post the step by step directions during the fix incase others run into the same problem.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
.....Naw, I'm not sweating the fix. Hmmm, maybe I'll post the step by step directions during the fix incase others run into the same problem.
Please!
I have a feeling I'm next. Although your story might help me avoid it.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
maybe I'll post the step by step directions during the fix incase others run into the same problem.
Sounds good :thumbsup:
Joker - who is glad to hear that everything has been going good :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Keep us posted on the installation, Whatcham.....I was wondering were you've been, great to hear everything is going good.:)

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
my armrest does the same thing, must be a manufactury defect, it didn't last long at all, now whenever i try to open my right latch, it opens for all two and it's irritating

·
Registered
134 Posts
lol same here - I also think it is a question of time when it will break (by itself or as a result of a vigorous helping hand !)

I used to put coins in that small tray...can imagine what happen when the darn thing opens... :tardsmash

·
Registered
33 Posts
along the same lines i cracked the space along the driverside door at the bottom (where you can put cd's, etc...) i opend the door and it swung back n hit my knee and the damn thing snapped. any ideas for a replacemnet

·
Blakura
55 Posts
my arm rest squeaks when i open it and close it.......anyone else got this problem? Mine also opens two latches when I want to open one....and the upper latch always fall down when I raised the whole lid up......stupid armwrest thingy....I need some oil..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
scratch-n-sniff said:
along the same lines i cracked the space along the driverside door at the bottom (where you can put cd's, etc...)......
I always thought that was called a "map compartment."

Even though I've never seen a map there. :D

BTW.....ever saw gloves in the glove compartment? :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts