Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me where the dome light circuit(+/-) is in the 1st gen TSX?

The reason I ask is because I have a customized footwell LED kit I have previously used in my Nissan Altima and I would like to use it again. The kit was tapped into the dome light circuit with posi-taps connectors. The footwell LED strips would come on and off with the domelight and/or with the door open/lock function. It also had a manual switch that was mounted under the steering wheel column for desired use.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
:laugh: There in the drivers side center support, good luck getting at them though ;) Your looking at alot of work to tap into the dome circuit.

I taped into the interior dash lights circuit, but these are on all the time if your exterior lights are on.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Just tap into the center cubby light, use a relay if it draws decent power. I have 3 led lights tapped off my cubby, but it comes on with the headlights. dome light fade would be cool, keep us posted if you figure this out without too much complication

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
This is the wire I tapped into when I did my puddle lights. This is from someone on Azine. It's definitely REALLY hard accessing that wire. If you can remove the fuse box under the steering wheel, it will make accessing that wire much more easier. Luckily the person who installed my alarm tapped into that wire already so it was easy for me to access it.

Remove the fuse box panel by sliding the door off. Unscrew the panel right below the steering wheel and take the black panel that covers the wiring under the steering wheel.

In order to have the lights dim in and out like the dome lights, you need to tap Fuse #6 (red 10A, sixth from bottom left in the box) for power, and the green/red coming from the MICU (multiplex integrated control unit) for the ground. Fuse 6 (white/blue) is a constant 12v, green/red is a variable ground that switches from 12v to 0v when the door is opened, fob pressed etc.

Green/red supplies 12v when the door is closed. 12v power (white/blue) and 12v ground (green/red) cancel each other out and result in no lights. When the door is open you get 12v power and 0v ground, lights on. A transistor takes care of the dimming from 12v -> 0v.

The green/red was nearly impossible to find, its on the back of the fuse box at the top. Its a 5 pin green connector that you need to feel for, unclip and remove. It looks like this

The green/red is the 2nd/4th wire from either end. Tap this wire and run a ground wire off of it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like there is little room to work with. all i really need is just the positive and negative wire since i have posi-tap connectors. so which color wire would that be? lol

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
sounds like there is little room to work with. all i really need is just the positive and negative wire since i have posi-tap connectors. so which color wire would that be? lol
I'm sorry but did you read that post or did you just look at the pictures?

For power tap into fuse #6 using a fuse tap connector.

For ground tap into the green/red wire

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is the wire I tapped into when I did my puddle lights. This is from someone on Azine. It's definitely REALLY hard accessing that wire. If you can remove the fuse box under the steering wheel, it will make accessing that wire much more easier. Luckily the person who installed my alarm tapped into that wire already so it was easy for me to access it.
Hey man thanks for the instructions, they were useful. it took me a few hours but i got it! Do you have any idea how i might be able to add a toggle switch to this circuit as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.