Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
06 FA Cup Champs
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do this on every forum, so I figured I do it right off the bat.

DO NOT shop at Pikes Peak Acura. Service is horrible, the salesmen are pushy, and they actually called me an "asshole".

If you want the long story, I can tell you, but in short...

Don't shop at Pikes Peak!!!

Drive to Denver, or Flatirons, and they will treat you with much more care.

Junkster, whose really pushing this issue.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
As you know, I don't take kindly to being dissed either. :D

I mean, it's always selective. "Moron" is OK to me, and even "dumbass." And "jerk" often is quite applicable. But I don't think I'd take kindly to "a**hole."

Not to mention all the stuff that must have led up to that.

I can't imagine that they're not the ones who are a**holes.

Larchmont, who knows a thing or two about "pushing an issue" and has yet to see Junkster even come close.

·
06 FA Cup Champs
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
netoperek said:
lets hear the story
Here's my post over at another site when this first occurred...

So, I was going to be a TSX owner, then I had my experience at Pikes Peak Acura.
I talk to a salesman named Frank, who seemed nice at first. They only had two cars, with one out on a drive and the other which was on the showroom floor,which had way too many factory option (think 29,000 for final MSRP). So I asked him that I didn't want a test drive, but would be satisfied with a quote of some sort for both a lease and buying. So, before he even gives me a quote, he asks me if I want to put down a down payment. I asked him when they would get a gray/auto/no navi in, and he said he had no clue but could get me that car in decent time. So, I asked him again for a rough estimate, and he asks me if I would buy the car off the lot tonight if he could get it in. I asked him a third time what his price was, and he just kept asking if I would buy it today.
And... that's when I decided to walk out and left, when he calls me an "asshole".
So, Pikes Peak Acura, and possibly Acura, has lost one customer here. And the guy's name is Frank for those who need to go to Pikes Peak

So that's the story. I had bought my Integra there as well, back in 93, and it wasn't the most satisfying as well. I had the deposit down and asked for a specific car and they stalled for 2 months asking me to buy another model.

After this whole experience, I noticed that most people in Colorado have much better experiences at Flatiron and Mile High in Denver. Better selection, better price, without the profanity... which I figure is a good thing.

Junkster, who's never been called an asshole at a dealership before or since.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Junkster said:
Here's my post over at another site when this first occurred...

So, I was going to be a TSX owner, then I had my experience at Pikes Peak Acura.
I talk to a salesman named Frank, who seemed nice at first. They only had two cars, with one out on a drive and the other which was on the showroom floor,which had way too many factory option (think 29,000 for final MSRP). So I asked him that I didn't want a test drive, but would be satisfied with a quote of some sort for both a lease and buying. So, before he even gives me a quote, he asks me if I want to put down a down payment. I asked him when they would get a gray/auto/no navi in, and he said he had no clue but could get me that car in decent time. So, I asked him again for a rough estimate, and he asks me if I would buy the car off the lot tonight if he could get it in. I asked him a third time what his price was, and he just kept asking if I would buy it today.
And... that's when I decided to walk out and left, when he calls me an "asshole".
So, Pikes Peak Acura, and possibly Acura, has lost one customer here. And the guy's name is Frank for those who need to go to Pikes Peak

So that's the story. I had bought my Integra there as well, back in 93, and it wasn't the most satisfying as well. I had the deposit down and asked for a specific car and they stalled for 2 months asking me to buy another model.

After this whole experience, I noticed that most people in Colorado have much better experiences at Flatiron and Mile High in Denver. Better selection, better price, without the profanity... which I figure is a good thing.

Junkster, who's never been called an asshole at a dealership before or since.
Ouch :sadwavey:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I've never called a dealer an a**hole before, but I shall now go on record:

FRANK IS AN A**HOLE.

Or wait a minute, in the interests of scrupulous accuracy, I better put it this way:

THAT DAY, FRANK WAS AN A**HOLE.

This allows fullly for the possibility that Frank isn't necessarily an a**hole all the time or by nature, but that he was just an a**hole that day.

Larchmont, who tries hard to be accurate.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Just goes to show how the reaction of one idiot salesperson can ruin it for the entire dealership. Have you tried talking to the GM of the dealership? (Or maybe he was the GM).

One Toyota salesman I negotiated with bad-mouthed my new car after I ended up picking it (another brand) over Toyota. Nine months later, when I was helping both my bro and a friend buy new RAV4s, I walked right past him and dealt with another salesman. You should have seen his face after he realized we bought 2 cars that day.

:banghead:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would wait for him after his hours are over and just follow him home just for the hell of it and show him what kind of an asshole you are.

·
06 FA Cup Champs
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow up:

So a buddy of mine is looking for a new car and he drove to Colorado Springs to look at cars. I saw him the next night at a bar and we discussed cars (he's a VW freak)... anyways, he gets to the TSX, and he says it looks nice and probably handles pretty well. But than the conversation went like this:

Brando: yea, but the TSX was 29k, so I don't think it's in my range.
Junkster: That's the navi one, the non-nav is 27 or so.
B: I was looking at the non-nav, it was 29k, with market adjustment.
J: What?!
B: yea, the sales guy said it was a limited number car, so their was a 1,900 dollar adjustment cost.
J: Dude, it's at MSRP in Denver and Boulder, Pikes Peak is a ripoff.

Once again, Pikes Peak proves to be the WORST Acura dealer in the Western states.

Junkster, who saw the TL there priced at 38k.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
I hate to see someone soured on a brand due to a bad dealership experience. You did the smart thing by walking, eventually if enough people do the same they will get the message.

It looks like California, Colorado and possibly most major metro markets can afford to tack on "market adjustments?"

If you don't mind traveling to Phoenix, I know of one dealership/salesman who will discount off list and not tack on any bogus fees.

You can PM or email me and I can forward their info.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Junkster said:
Brando: yea, but the TSX was 29k, so I don't think it's in my range.
Junkster: That's the navi one, the non-nav is 27 or so.
B: I was looking at the non-nav, it was 29k, with market adjustment.
J: What?!
B: yea, the sales guy said it was a limited number car, so their was a 1,900 dollar adjustment cost.
J: Dude, it's at MSRP in Denver and Boulder, Pikes Peak is a ripoff.

Once again, Pikes Peak proves to be the WORST Acura dealer in the Western states.

Junkster, who saw the TL there priced at 38k.
If their price was a little bit higher, maybe they could compete with the Canadian Acura dealerships for business.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I'm with y'all, of course. But.....

Until we all collectively decide otherwise, we're in a free enterprise system. And technically, somebody selling something is free to try to get the most he can for it (except maybe certain staples like housing and medical care, and even there..... :rolleyes: ). As long as he's not flat-out lying (and even that isn't necessarily against the system, although it's not admirable).

While I don't think that ultimately I'd agree with this devil's-advocate view, I don't find it a slam-dunk to say that a dealer is clearly wrong (or even a prick) to try to sell his cars for whatever he can get for them. There have been cars that have been hard or impossible to get except by paying over MSRP (the Mini is a current example, in some markets). The buyer's recourse is simply to shop around and see if he can get the car for a better price elsewhere. And the dealer just risks losing the customer. Unfortunately of course it also reflects badly on the brand.

I know, it's easy for me to say -- I already have my TSX. :D
But also I'm a bit cynical about business in general, and yet I've reached a certain grudging acceptance of the dog-eat-dog, get-what-you-can nature of free enterprise.

But don't get me wrong. I would have loved to rub it in the face of Pikes Peak Acura about getting the car for less elsewhere and finding some actual human beings at the other dealership.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts