Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Someone damaged my front driver side door the other day in a parking lot. Its bad. And I'm looking for an opinion on the best approach to this. I feel sick over it and feel seriously compelled to get a new door... 2005 PWP. help :( My car was in pristine condition before this.

The paint seal of my car hasn't really been broken, but I have a good chunk of their paint on my car, and the ridge on the door has been dented. See picture for reference.

Thank you for any help in advance!

Attachments

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
try rubbing compound and have a paintless dent remover person fix the dent. maybe its just the angle but it doesn't look too bad if you can get the markings off

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yeah lol.. doesn't really look bad at all from that picture. Could probably buff it right off.

I've had my car keyed, and so many dings/dents that I just stopped caring. No matter where I go or where I park there's always an idiot next to me.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hey Ashley,

Some people should receive no mercy. I had this happen to me on my rear passenger's door, and let me tell you, I wish I could've seen the mindless person who did it. I would've gladly put another dent in my door with their face.

Anyway, just as tekneek suggested, look up some paintless dent repair services (PDR) in your area. Do some research; people may have even left reviews on google maps.

Depending on how deep the dent is, it may or may not return to as good as it was. If the metal's stretched, then it won't be as happy an ending. However, PDR techs are very good, and I'm sure they'll be able to make it look much better, if not brand new. The other party's paint should be able to buff out. It shouldn't cost more than $100.

It's hard to take a picture of dents, but one effective way is to reflect lines off your door surface. eg. take a white piece of paper, draw some thick black lines with a sharpie, and put it up against the dent. You should be able to capture the dent better with that.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the responses. i know dents happen, i'm just not someone who accepts it so easily. especially when i parked with 10 open spaces next to me, and was gone for 15 minutes... Its a good thing I didn't see the person who did it...

i've seen good results from paintless dent removal, but was told they don't work as well if its on the ridge like that, better on flat surfaces. any experience?

its significant, not the worst i've seen, i know. this was just my quick cell phone pic right after it happened. argh, i don't know what else to say. it just sucks.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
it all depends on how much experience the paintless dent remover has. dents on ridges like that can be fixed

good luck

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
I had a ton of dents on my car (2004 PWP), and took it to the most reputable PDR guy in my area. He charged $90 for the first dent and $10 each additional dent. A fair number of them were right on the ridge that runs along both doors and the rear 1/4 panel. He got them out 100% and the car looked like new afterwards. He also buffed out some paint transfer on one of them and that looks perfect again also.
Dents happen, but PDR guys are a godsend for those that care about their cars like most of us do here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts