Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TSX Noob
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...... my two front door lock actuator died, passenger like 3 months ago and now the driver side.

good news : 45$ jobber for front (130$ for back) + labor

bad news : how come this happen on Acura, this is not a freaking ford.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's actually a pretty common thing that goes bad. I had a RSX before and both door lock actuators went bad. Since owning the TSX both my fronts have gone bad. On the RSX boards it's one of the most common things I see go bad and it appears to be the same on this forum.

·
Registered
176 Posts
bad news : how come this happen on Acura, this is not a freaking ford.....
That actuator and when my front seatbelt buckle switch started throwing a 61-10 srs fault code I asked the exact same question! Perhaps some of these mundane parts are increasingly being made by the millions in same factories somewhere in the far east asia regardless of the brand?
:slap:

·
Offical Noob
85 Posts
I'm having a problem with the drivers side back door lock actuator. I bought the part and pulled the interior door off and was able to unscrew the 3 screws that were a bit difficult to get out.

My problem is I can't figure out how to unhook/remove the door handle rod to allow me to get the actuator out of the door.

Anyone have advise for me on getting that specific door handle rod off? remember this not a front door but the driver's back door if that matters. This is the first time I've tried to fix a door actuator but I do have experience with car repairs.

disregard, I found the black clip and was able to remove the actuator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.