Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off: new here, new to tsx but not to Acura.

I have searched and decided its definitely a door lock actuator.
I have an 04 tsx that Im pretty sure is needing it on drivers door, already ordered one. But, my question is that the remote won't lock/unlock any doors. I was told that if the drivers door lock doesn't work, no door locks will. Is this true? Or do I need dla's for EVERY FREAKIN DOOR!!? the other doors will lock if I manually push the lock knob down from inside. Manually inserting the key from the outside is very quarky also... It will unlock doors, won't lock most times.

Im just wondering if need dla's for all 4 doors?

Also, is there a small bulb behind the driver seat heater switch? it doesn't light up like the passenger side.
Thanks, all

·
Registered
99 Posts
Speaking of door lock issues. The other day (which this is the second time this happened), I came out from the bank, and went to use my remote to unlock my doors. It didn't unlock anything, no click, nothing. So I figured, eh, maybe the battery in the remote is dead, so I went to unlock the driver side door manually and the alarm goes off. I get in the car, start pushing the panic button, unlock button, lock button and even start the car. Nothing helps, the alarm keeps going off. About 45 seconds later the remote let me lock/unlock the car, and the alarm stops.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Way to go Honda. Way to make me look like an idiot in a luxury car in the middle of the parking lot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
:):)OP- If your driver door actuator does not actuate, it will not call to lock or unlock the other doors. There is a switch assembly only in the drivers actuator that tells others what to do. You should be able to test this by having all doors unlocked, and using your key in drivers door to lock. The others should follow...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. Tried it and it still seems spontaneous a bit. The rear passenger doesnt do anything so I guess that ones bad as well. The other two doors seem fine though.
Thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Offical Noob
85 Posts
I have a 2006 and just within the last week the rear drivers side door will not lock with the key fob but it will unlock if I manually push down the lock before I lock the car with the fob. all other doors function properly. I've looked briefly at some other threads and I'd like to know:

1) Is there an actuator in all 4 doors or just the drivers door?

2) Do you think the problem resides only in the rear door? if so, how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just did this, the drivers front door was not locking with the fob. Replaced the actuator and all my doors lock and unlock perfect.

·
Offical Noob
85 Posts
There is an actuator in every door. To fix your problem, I'd replace the actuator. It is literally the electronic servo that locks and unlocks the door.
Ok, thank you. So to be clear I need to change the actuator only in the back drivers door, correct?

if so, anyone know the part number I should buy?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can find the part number online , I used bernardi Acura parts . My local dealer match online pricing for me

·
Offical Noob
85 Posts
Rear Driver's Door:

Acura ACTUATOR ASSY., R. DOOR LOCK; Acura SKU: 72615-SEA-G01

OR

Acura ACTUATOR ASSY., L. DOOR LOCK; Acura SKU: 72655-SEA-G01

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've replaced the front two no problem. I've been trying to do the back now. However, I've bought 3 actuators now all from different vendors and none are right ones! Every one the arm is about 2mm from catching on the lock part. Any ideas other than buying from autozone or dealer? At autozone both front ones and rear drivers door are about 30$ BUT the rear passenger is 200$!! What gives? I guess that's my only option since no aftermarket one makes the rear passenger correct. And why would that one door actuator cost 6 times as much? It's basically identical to the others. Anyone else run into this issue?

·
Offical Noob
85 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I locked keys in trunk. Call locksmith. Unlocked car through passenger front door. Alarm sounded. Got keys out of trunk. Now passenger door will not lock from key fob nor from switch. Only locks manually now. Any one ever have this problem need help correcting this. Everything worked right before I locked the keys in the trunk.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.