Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a MR-TSX that i got from Burrard Acura, Vanc, B.C. Had a door rattle problem as u guys have experienced as well probably. But the thing is after a few days, it came up again. I've come to the dealer twice n actually said to the mechanic im not coming the 3rd time for the same reason. The mechanic went on a road test w/ me last time but still.. what would u do if ur in my position? :(

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I am in the same boat.. The first time the dealer had my car for two weeks, the second (recently) for 3 weeks..
The next time I take it to them, they can keep it :mad:
Joker - who should be in an S2K early next year

·
Registered
294 Posts
i am in the same baot at the same time
i picked my tsx up from a new dealership the second in calgary and only other dealership in the city.
ive got too many complaints to list. but SILVERHILL Acura sucks. i went in and out over 7 times for the same thigns, but instead of them trying to fix it, they argued with me that nothing was wrong. so after many visits and fights with managers, i changed dealership, drove twice the distace.
the new dealership has better costumer service, so i had high hopes. i showed the guy the problem in the car and he said he will take note of it, he actually order new panels for the inside of the doors. said it would fix it, so i got my car and its the exact same as it went in. but there were parts on back order for the car so im going back in the next couple days, gonna have to explain that its a bad design, not one door. since almost all tsxs do it, new panels dont help since they are the same as old panels.
i get 2 kinds of vibration thouhg. one is on the passenger only, its aorund the lock button on that side and makes a definate chatter of pieces (compared to whole panels vibrations). otherwise the whole top panel on both doors buzz like crazy. if i push all my weight onto either panel it cuts the sound down. im still praying on a permanent fix so that i never have to think about it while im driving again.
TSX Cman

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seems like theres too many ppl suffering from this problem. it sounds ridiculous if a new car can give us lots of problems. should i change it to 2005 rsx? what do u guys think?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
hm....try to bring ur ride to other dealer and try to fix it....

·
Registered
294 Posts
228 said:
hm....try to bring ur ride to other dealer and try to fix it....
problem there. has anyone experienced a dealership in the world that CAN FIX IT?
ive used all of the ones in my city so far

·
Registered
333 Posts
I can understand that you guys are getting frustrated with the door rattles, and I am also, I have the same issue in my Accord Euro, however talking about changing to a different model just because of it is kinda ridiculous. I mean what about all of the good features, the looks the comfort the drive? There is no way I am changing just because of a couple of rattles I love my Euro it is by far the best car I have ever had!

I have had my door rattles looked at by my dealer, they fixed it once but a couple of weeks later it returned, it is the top door trim and the area around the locks that seems to vibrate/rattle especially when on those rough surfaces or harsh roads, normally on the freeway it is most noticeable. I am not saying we should be happy about the rattles, it is obviously a design flaw, I have even had the issue with the lack of felt on the inside of the window trim, and have had my tint scratched as a result... however changing to a different car 6 months down the track from when I bought it is out of the question as I like everything else about the car and she sure still attracts alot of admired looks from passer-by's ! Besides that is what warranty is for ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
I can understand that you guys are getting frustrated with the door rattles, and I am also, I have the same issue in my Accord Euro, however talking about changing to a different model just because of it is kinda ridiculous. I mean what about all of the good features, the looks the comfort the drive? There is no way I am changing just because of a couple of rattles I love my Euro it is by far the best car I have ever had!

I have had my door rattles looked at by my dealer, they fixed it once but a couple of weeks later it returned, it is the top door trim and the area around the locks that seems to vibrate/rattle especially when on those rough surfaces or harsh roads, normally on the freeway it is most noticeable. I am not saying we should be happy about the rattles, it is obviously a design flaw, I have even had the issue with the lack of felt on the inside of the window trim, and have had my tint scratched as a result... however changing to a different car 6 months down the track from when I bought it is out of the question as I like everything else about the car and she sure still attracts alot of admired looks from passer-by's ! Besides that is what warranty is for ;)
:sprint: Good post!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Joker said:
I am in the same boat.. The first time the dealer had my car for two weeks, the second (recently) for 3 weeks..
The next time I take it to them, they can keep it :mad:
Joker - who should be in an S2K early next year
Two and three weeks???!!! Boy, you're patient!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
HondaMan said:
:sprint: Good post!
But it's still a main in the a$$ when you have a new car and are stuck always returning to the dealer for the same damn problem... It sucks...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
tradsf said:
Two and three weeks???!!! Boy, you're patient!
Well they gave me a TSX loaner, so it wasn't that bad waiting.
Maybe the fact that I told them I do not want it back until it is fixed had something to do with how long they kept it for.. Although it is still not fixed :mad:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Joker said:
Well they gave me a TSX loaner, so it wasn't that bad waiting.
Maybe the fact that I told them I do not want it back until it is fixed had something to do with how long they kept it for.. Although it is still not fixed :mad:
Oh, that's not too bad. My dealer outsources his loaners and I get treated to cavaliers/sunfires... Now way I'd drive a Sunfire two/three weeks while making payments on a TSX...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
tradsf said:
Oh, that's not too bad. My dealer outsources his loaners and I get treated to cavaliers/sunfires... Now way I'd drive a Sunfire two/three weeks while making payments on a TSX...
that sux...they should loan out Acuras...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
The dealers here loans out RSX and old TLs. You have to set an appointment to take your car in or you'll end up waiting or renting from Enterprise if your car is in for more than a day.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
that sux...they should loan out Acuras...
No kidding it sucks! Ever drive an automatic 4-four Sunfire. It rusn like sh!t. Sure makes you appreciate the TSX when you get it back though... :bowdown1:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
The loaner was also something I had to wait for :(
I was on a waiting list for 3 weeks to get it, then another 3 without my car (the second time that is). :( :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Joker said:
The loaner was also something I had to wait for :(
I was on a waiting list for 3 weeks to get it, then another 3 without my car (the second time that is). :( :(
The local Acura dealer here had several loaners on their lot but they said they were reserved or something. I don't understand how 7 loaners sitting there are reserved, didn't seem an appointment was necessary or was it?:donno:

They didn't seem to want to give me a loaner car when I asked, and they offered to drive me to my work in their courtesy shuttle Honda Odyssey. They kept my TSX for 6 days back in February to fix a knocking noise in my steering wheel!!! I ended up renting a car from Enterprise, under my own expense!!!:mad:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts