Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently replaced my lock actuator myself and it's been working great for the past 3 days, but all of a sudden my door won't open! I can hear the lock actuator working.

probable culprit: the metal wire/hook thing that is attached to the door handle inside feel off! :madfawk::eek:hsnap:

How do I open my door and get it fixed? the door won't open inside or out, so what are my options?

·
Registered
81 Posts
With that useless comment just came a thought... with the window down and possibly the trim / weather seal removed, i wonder if you could access any of the mechanisms in there...?

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
If the door doesn't open inside or out, it sounds more like the metal wire/hook on the actuator side. Reason being, the one on the inside door handle is only 1 of the 2 to open the door. The other being attached to the exterior door handle. Since the likelihood of both falling off is low, the highest chance is that the door is stuck in the lock position due to a disconnection of the actuator metal wire/hook.

That's my theory at least. If it's your driver's side, you could try removing the power windows/lock panel and see if you hand can get a hold of the actuator to unlock your door. Worse case is to try to dislodge/remove the door panel without opening the door.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLUTION FOUND: Because of my faulty re-installation of the lock actuator, I managed to screw up my door. when I finished the re-installation of the actuator, I ended up with 2 tiny screws in which I don't remember where they belong. :banghead:

these 2 screws were actually what held the actuator in place securely. somehow after a few days of driving it just suddenly plopped and fell off it's original position and the actuator did not trigger the lock into the right position in order to open the door from inside or out.

How did I get it to work?
-I took it to a mechanic and pried off the door panel on top (about a 1 inch gap, able to see inside from the lock/window down) he repeatedly jabbed a screw driver about 2 feet long until the locking mechanism fell into the right position and opened the door. (he was jabbing the thing above the actuator/kind of where the wire hook was at)

to all the future screw up's, don't forget a screw!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts