Acura TSX Forum banner

Double din kit with single din radio

10K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  HIxORxNV 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried using the double din kit paired with a single din aftermarket radio + aftermarket pocket? Aftermarket Radio Install Complete Double DIN Dash Kit Fits Acura TSX 2004 2008 | eBay

I do plan to run a 5 channel amp with new speakers and sub. But I'd much rather have a simple single din headunit than a double din.

I know some people modified their current oem pocket and/or used the mp3 accessory pocket. But Im wondering if anyone went this route instead. Im just wondering what aftermarket pocket to use.

#3 ·
Quick update: received dash kit in mail. I had an extra din pocket lying around so I decided to use it. Fitment on the kit is ok. There's a small gap at the top but it won't be obvious since the it's mounted so low in the dash.

The one thing I was concerned about and couldn't find much info on was the wire harness. Turns out they already split it for you. All that needs to be done is to attach the aftermarket HU wires.

Haven't installed it yet, so I'll update when I do. I've read that the dash needs to be trimmed and that the kit doesn't even match the dash. The kit costs $100 and it came poorly packaged. The screws came in a folded envelope and no bubble wrap was packed. Also, no instructions but it's straight forward.

Attachments

#4 ·
#5 ·
Well the install was a lot more work than I expected. I modified the kit hoping I'd minimally modify the car. But I ended up hacking away at the dash anyway. Overall I'm satisfied with the outcome. I'm currently running the pioneer headunit powered by the stock amp, and I'm actually surprised at how good it sounds. I'll hold off on installing an aftermarket amp until the stock one craps out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.