Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped the TSX this summer, and we had a decent winter storm yesterday. On unsalted roads, the car's rear would sway from left to right for no apparant reason. scary as shit on the highway. The car has never handled like this before. I've tried turning off the VSA, and its no different. The alignment was completed during the coilover install. Any suggestions?

Specs: Tein SS, no finger gap front, 1 finger gap rear. will take actual measurements tomorrow.

· Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Get a progress rear sway bar it should solve your under steering problems

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

· -
1,791 Posts
I dropped the TSX this summer, and we had a decent winter storm yesterday. On unsalted roads, the car's rear would sway from left to right for no apparant reason. scary as shit on the highway. The car has never handled like this before. I've tried turning off the VSA, and its no different. The alignment was completed during the coilover install. Any suggestions?

Specs: Tein SS, no finger gap front, 1 finger gap rear. will take actual measurements tomorrow.

Do you have winter tires mounted?

Either way, what size are your rear tires? Wide rear tires will float/hydroplane on the snow on FWD cars.

· Registered
458 Posts
If you have much deeper tread on the front tires than the rear (3/32nds and up), different tread designs or different tire sizes you can experience something like this.

If that is the case, the fronts are cutting nicely through the snow/slush especially with engine weight but they are leaving "tracks" that the rear tires will attempt to cut through. Since the rear end of the car is lighter, it will feel like it is going wherever it wants.

What tires are you running and how much meat do you have on them?

· From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Few different possibilities..

1. Do you have a rear camber kit/did you align the car? Really bad toe can cause the car to feel like its losing control in the rear.

2. How many miles on the coils? Blown struts/shocks can cause the rear to wobble on bumps/uneven roads. It could just be the snow coincidentally happened at the same time.

Good luck.

· ....its fate....
1,277 Posts
Few different possibilities..

1. Do you have a rear camber kit/did you align the car? Really bad toe can cause the car to feel like its losing control in the rear.

2. How many miles on the coils? Blown struts/shocks can cause the rear to wobble on bumps/uneven roads. It could just be the snow coincidentally happened at the same time.

Good luck.
I agree. Check the toe settings from another reputable workshop. I once had a poor workshop not do the rear toe properly and everytime the car hits uneven ground, the rear would give a swaying unstable sensation.

· My car whines
637 Posts
Last time that happened to me was during the drive to the alignment shop right after I had installed a rear camber kit. Needless to say, the toe setting was completely messed up. It felt like the rear tires were about to fall off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.