Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 04 tsx with the lip kit alrady on it. I wanna lower it about 1.5 inches whats my best bet? drop springs? coilovers? IDK! How much will it run me? I dont have much cash on hand!

Thanks to anyone who replies!

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
keep checking the for sale section of this forum, you'll eventually find something that works for you

eibach pro kit springs will drop you around 1.6" in front and 1.4" in back
you can find these pretty cheap, but lowering your car will also add to wearing your shocks out faster, your also gonna wanna check your rear camber, you may need to get a rear camber kit to straighten out those back wheels

if your numbers are -2 or less (-1 to -2) you are good, anything more than -2 and your gonna wear your tires out faster than you'd like

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I'd recommed just saving up enough for coilovers right away, your stock shocks will wear out faster with springs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just like stated above, lowering springs will diminish your stock shocks life span, no telling when, for some they blow a shock rather quickly for others, they've had a lowering springs/ stock shocks for more than a couple years with no problem. Its really a hit or miss, but since you have an '04 I would assume the shocks have high mileage which is significant factor to this equation. I'm dropped on S. Techs with stock shocks and the ride is decent, no problems yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts