Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to admit it, but I have no idea what "dropping" a car is all about.

I mean, I know what it IS, but wtf is it FOR?
I guess some people might think it just looks cool -- but I thought people used to RAISE the car to make it look cool.

I imagine there are performance considerations? But, what are they, and why?
And are there any drawbacks?

P.S. Please don't tell anybody that I don't know. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I "Dropped" my lady's ride. I have an 97 Accord, I lowered it in the front 3 inches and the rear 1.5 inches, also I have the front and rear sway bars and the strut bars. I can totally feel the difference in my turns, it's much more response, when it's lower it hugs on to the road more, I take sharp turns with out any problems and it does make your car look better just because you have less of a wheel gap. I just found out that H&R makes sway bars for the TSX, so I'm gonna get that for my lady.

The only 2 downsides I see is that your ride is a little bit more bumpy and you have to be carefully when you drive up into a driveway and speed bumps.

So hopefully this gives you some idea about it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shitzu said:
.....hopefully this gives you some idea about it.
Absolutely -- great info!

Not that I'm the type to do it anyway, but the bumpier ride would keep me from doing it.
But I hope I'll have the chance to get into a dropped TSX.

Anyone else wanna tell what dropping does for their car?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jcg878 said:
Is this a grammatical error from the great Larchmont??
Siddown, JDG, lemme have a lil talk wicchu. :D

Yes indeed, fellow genius, if you take a look you'll find them all over the place.
And actually most of the time it's intentional :ikno: -- to be casual, also because sometimes the "correct" usage sounds wrong. In fact, today I sent out a business letter where I purposely put "only" in the wrong place because I realized that putting it in the "right" place would have sounded "wrong." rrrrrrrrr6

But sometimes I do slip up.
If you see some of my posts where I edited them a few days later, usually it means I saw a mistake and corrected it. :i hate when that happens:

P.S. That one was on purpose. I almost said "their cars" but decided against it.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Shitzu said:
Oh yea, forgot the 3rd downside, your tires will get "balled out" on the innerside of the tire, so you would have to have the tire flipped or just get a new tire...
camber kit fixes that problem right up.

Larch,

All I can say is this is the best mod you can do to the tsx.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tsxclub said:
......this is the best mod you can do to the tsx.
What about the bumpier ride, especially in places like the NY area where the road is chopped up a lot, and you have lots of "expansion joints" on the highways, etc.?

P.S. I think the West Side Highway "south" up in the hundreds has the worst expansion joints in the world.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.