Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had experience with Duralast brake rotors? Mine warped after about 3-4 months. They come with 2 yr warranty but I am not happy about having to replace them after a few months. They say no refunds... they only exchange for new ones.
I do not drive hard or brake hard. My style of driving should not be the reason for warpage.

Thanks

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
You should read some of the tech articles on "warpage". The pedal pulsation you experience and call "warpage" is due to pad material depositing unevenly onto the rotor surface. If you are using the factory pads, this is a common experience. Many users have switched to different and/or more aggressive pads and have no longer experienced this. There are cheap and crappy rotors out there but in my experience (because I'm running them," the Duralast rotors are a very high quality product for the price. Other manufacturers don't even warranty their rotors, and if they do, it's for a very short period of time.

My suggestion to you is to make a warranty claim and get a new set. Before you install them, buy some new hiqh quality ceramic pads. Throw it all in and never look back.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Duralast as in sold in autozone ? if thats the one, I can't comment on the rotors but its probably the pads.. I'm actually using duralast pads in my tsx and accord and 0 warpage for the last 2 years.. i'm on brembo blanks.. but when I had stock acura pads on brembo blanks, it started to feel like its warping after 1-2 months

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Duralast rotors and Duralast ceramic brakes and I have nothing to complain about. I've been running with them for about six months and they're still good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts