Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys i jsut bough my carbon grey tsx. I havent made many upgrades cause i spent just about evry penny trying to penny for the 29,500 dollar car with the tax :(. I have tinted teh windows 20's all around, painted those ugly gold calipers grey and replaced the emblems with euro-r. I must get rid of that fornt grill and get a mesh one preferably mugen. But the next thing i wnat to do is get an adapter that will allow my stock navigation to play dvds. I have no idea where to get this, how much it costs or any of the details. I do kow they exist and if anyone has bought one or knows where how i can please let me kno. THANXS GUYS!

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
joker, try posting him the link of the guy that just killed somebody and is being charged for murder, because he was watching dvd's in his car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pocketkiller said:
joker, try posting him the link of the guy that just killed somebody and is being charged for murder, because he was watching dvd's in his car.
yeah ur pretty funny but its all about the car shows--o yeah and when the cars in park i dun think ill be killin anyone but thanxs anway

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
o and btw thanxs joker that 2nd webiste helped...i was kinda hoping for osmethin cheaper but i guess thats what they cost now a days ya kno :/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tsx Navigation Used As Tv

Hey, I got that navigation tv switcher crap from www.avelectronics.com

Well everything's all hooked except for that friggin "hand brake" wire, and I have no clue how to or where to find the car's handbrake wire to hook up to this system. I'm wondering if anyone here knows about the tsx and it's interior wiring to help me out. And if anyone knows how to by-pass this so I can save myself the trouble and maybe even watch a few video clips while driving, let me know. Many thanks in advance!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the Club tsxviet :wavey:
If I am not mistaken, that is a ground wire that will only allow the player to work when the e-brake is on (so you cannot watch, and drive).
If I am correct, you can ground it anywhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the welcome

Joker said:
Hello, and welcome to the Club tsxviet :wavey:
If I am not mistaken, that is a ground wire that will only allow the player to work when the e-brake is on (so you cannot watch, and drive).
If I am correct, you can ground it anywhere.

Really? If you are correct, I'm assuming there is NO WAY to by-pass it? Have you installed anything that requires a handbrake cable before? I'm positive that it cannot be any 12v cable because the customer serivice guy said that it would fry the unit and that's not covered under warranty.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
tsxviet said:
Have you installed anything that requires a handbrake cable before?
No I haven't, but I did ask this same exact question at a local shop (and was given that answer).
I'd try and give a call to a shop in your area, and see what they say.
Please let us know what you find out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unit instructions

Thanks again for the reply, I will do my best to ask. Oh I forgot to state that in the instructions, it read:

For safety reason and also state/Federal laws requrement, the "PARKING/HAND BRAKE SAFETY" wire should be connected to the Parking Brake Light Switch (-12 Volt).

I'm not sure if that's a ground. Sorry, new to electronics.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
tsxviet said:
For safety reason and also state/Federal laws requrement, the "PARKING/HAND BRAKE SAFETY" wire should be connected to the Parking Brake Light Switch (-12 Volt).
I think this is the ground I was talking about. Only reason is the shop in my area said they could not by law ground the wire anywhere else, but it was very easy to do myself..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay okay, so i tested it on a normal random ground... AND IT WORKS! holy shit! I didnt even have to pull the handbrake. But then again I havnt tested it on the road yet (watching it while driving). But ya to confirm it: that hand brake wire can hit any ground wire. Thanks for the support.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
tsxviet said:
Okay okay, so i tested it on a normal random ground... AND IT WORKS!
Great stuff :thumbsup:
Can you take some pics for us with it in action? Thanks :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Warranty

Be carefull with this, you might void your warranty.

Buff121523 said:
Guys i jsut bough my carbon grey tsx. I havent made many upgrades cause i spent just about evry penny trying to penny for the 29,500 dollar car with the tax :(. I have tinted teh windows 20's all around, painted those ugly gold calipers grey and replaced the emblems with euro-r. I must get rid of that fornt grill and get a mesh one preferably mugen. But the next thing i wnat to do is get an adapter that will allow my stock navigation to play dvds. I have no idea where to get this, how much it costs or any of the details. I do kow they exist and if anyone has bought one or knows where how i can please let me kno. THANXS GUYS!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts