1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dyno pull 1 179.9hp 151.1 tq
dyno pull 2 184.6hp 148.1 tq

mods include custom cold air intake
custom mandrel bent exhaust 2.5 inch cat back.

they said the air filter on my intake isnt helpin me any it doens thave a velocity stack its straight cylinder..once i change the filter they said i would gain a few more ponies. so ill be lookin at around 187 maybe 190 if im lucky,change my oil, and some redline fluids, such as water wetter...reduces engine temp by about 30 degrees...who knows with the thermal wrap i might get even more..ill wait till the header comes out to dyno again ill do it with the wrap as well hopefully ill gain more...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the dyno sheet

i dont know how to post it...i can scan it and email to someone if someone wants to see the power curve

·
TSX of the Month Winner
122 Posts
you have a 6MT or an auto? injen's CAI gives about 10-11 peak hp on the auto from 159-170. the stock 6mt pulls 169-170 whp and should get about the same gains with the injen cai and should put you at about 180 with just the intake

but nice numbers

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i know i will gain more with a different filter the filter i got on there was from my turbo on my GSR...im gonna switch to either an ingen velocity stack or blitz and redyno. i have seen a few dynos where the stock tsx pulls only 160... maybe it was a shietty one but hey 14 hp jump isnt bad from intake and exhaust, once i get the filter ill get a few more horses

·
TSX of the Month Winner
122 Posts
you can probably try the k series hondata gasket. they dynoed and that alone gave 5whp. its made for the rsx k motor not sure if it will fit the tsx, but won't hurt to ask. plus its only 50 dollars.

http://hondata.com/heatshield.html

OOPS i meant to post this in your other thread. too many windows open i got confused :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a 6pd man tranny. i know once i change the filter i will get more ill have to have the dyno sheet scanned and emailed to me then ill email to u TSXCLUB cuz im out to sea right now. its at the house...but ill get it sent out

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks im tryin savin up for nos now then eventually a turbo kit...gonna have to do alot of upgrading for it though..pistons rods all that need to be replaced before i run boost.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Ultra_TSX said:
thanks im tryin savin up for nos now then eventually a turbo kit...gonna have to do alot of upgrading for it though..pistons rods all that need to be replaced before i run boost.
car should be fine without pistons and rods at 6psi

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
6psi inst enough for what i want though....my goal is 400 whp. on pump gas....so i need to do alot of building.....if i used race gas i know i could get 300 but i want more 12 sec quarters is the goal daily driven is the need show quality with speed.....is that too much to ask for muahahahah

·
Registered
57 Posts
you were on a dynojet dyno and those give you the wrong figures, because a dynojet doesnt dyno as if you were driving on the street, because dyno jet doesnt factor in the ride weight vs. horsepower, so you figures ar roughly about 15 horsepower off..I dynoed on a mustang dyno meter which is the most accurate dyno, for street driven vehicles and i dynoed out 159.1 and i ran a 1/4 mile time of 15.7 my 60 ft time was a 2.2!!! anyways i shouldve done another pull but i wasnt too excited about beating on the car, and my pull was done in the 4rth gear as well which is odd, but i wasnt able to do the actual pull. I have an INJEN COLD AIR INTAKE and drive a 6mt... and by the way you need to quite reading super street mags, because 400 hp, on pump gas is absolutely rediculous, you would need more than pistons you would need a sleeved block, but on a honda seems highly unlikely being that it is and open deck... that hasnt even been achieved on a b series motor yet , unless your running well over 18 lbs of boost and by then you best be runing race gas, because there is not enough octance for that engine, so you will detontate your engine, and then it will knock, not to mention your ride weight...so how can u acheive show quality vehicle when it has to be stripped down to its frame to even come close to a 12 scnd 1/4 time, sorry but u just got owned.....the end
if sceptical about my debate on the dyno do some research...i did.

DONT TELL ME SHOW ME!!!

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
Not to defend whoever was wrong but wasnt there a way to say this without being an asshole?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its not impossible boviously u dont know many people that race...i have a friend that u can call that rund 565 hp in a gsr motor that isnt sleeved but yes it is on race gas... im sure i can get 400 whp under boost on pump gas it will take a lot of tuning but i know it can be done. i pushed 280 whp on pump gas in a turbo GSR with only 11 psi and no head work and no sleeves. thats a 1.8, a 2.4 with 8.5 to 9.0 compression cams cam gears standalone engine management sys upgraded fuel system and enough boost i will push 400...it is very possible start workin on cars and then tell me what u know....a 370 whp LS powered del sol hmm tuning is a muthafawker aint it...

G

·
Ultra_TSX said:
its not impossible boviously u dont know many people that race...i have a friend that u can call that rund 565 hp in a gsr motor that isnt sleeved but yes it is on race gas... im sure i can get 400 whp under boost on pump gas it will take a lot of tuning but i know it can be done. i pushed 280 whp on pump gas in a turbo GSR with only 11 psi and no head work and no sleeves. thats a 1.8, a 2.4 with 8.5 to 9.0 compression cams cam gears standalone engine management sys upgraded fuel system and enough boost i will push 400...it is very possible start workin on cars and then tell me what u know....a 370 whp LS powered del sol hmm tuning is a muthafawker aint it...
what the hell kinda drugs are you on? your post makes absoulty no sence at all! Before you start tellin my buddie to start working on cars, maybe you should consider that uh yea, we do.

first off, 280hp on 11 psi? big deal. Try 264 on 10 PSI on a stock bottom end LS/VTEC, on pump gas. NO Sleves, no head work, just boost. on a block with over 140K!! oh yea and a 12.2 time slip? what do you know about us midwest boys. more info VISIT www.racelinetuning.com

a T-4 Turbo, Direct Port NAWZZZZZ, and stand alone fuel managemnet eh? guessin you own 8 copys of Fast and the Furious Bro. Come on. Grow up. THere you have it my low point for the day.

400 is acheiveable, but on a street driven car?? DOUBT IT Expessialy on Pump Gas. Watchd a B-series put down 327 last weeknd on 20lbs, bluilt etc. Running Race gas. Who in their right mind would want to chance blowing all the money out their tail pipe by not doin it, race gas that is.

my boy pat has a 03 SI, with a RSX Type S motor and boost and still is only putting down 225 on pump gas. on 10lbs.

I think you should consider your facts. Those parts you described doesnt prove 400 HP. you prove you read your super street knowlege, thats about it.

I thought the TSX was a tasteful car, until YOU proved me wrong:eek:

i have no respect for people that have no respect for such a finally designed car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol no i dont take those movies seriously and no i dont tka e the mags seriously...u have no idea what i have done to cars and what me and my homies can do so step back and let people who really know what they are doing do it...i have connects at every major tunin shop in cali and from what i have researched it can be done and i will be the first to prove u wrong...wher eu guys from montana? you obviously dont know shiet about the potential of a honda motor...i been on the phone with hondata, jackson racing, i been to crower, AEBS, engineuity and many more shops...it can and will be done just because u read the mags and use that to tune ur car doesnt mean i do. 12.2 in a 4dr gsr ful linterior is good and no i dont think any of u midwest bois no what u are doing come to cali and prove ur worth or leave the scene..it started here in cali and it will end here in cali i give props to those who know about the engineering and the research that goes into these motors we have built and raced....btw if my homie can push 22 psi on 91 octane on a stock GSX block and since u probably dont know what that it its a mitsubishi engine...im sure i can do more with a built motor from honda

G

·
once again your ignorence is amazing

i dont give a **** who you have talked to on the phone, who you have connections with, i simple dont care. Its the fact that you think that EURO R and I have no idea what we are talkign about.

To me again, you have proved that your an idiot. DONT TELL ME SHOW ME, where are the pictures of your cars, and all your fabiloius stuff. I saw some hoeky ass picture of your car with some hella GAY graphx down teh side, and you all E-Thuged out looking like a "pimp" homie. GROW UP

btw if my homie can push 22 psi on 91 octane on a stock GSX block and since u probably dont know what that it its a mitsubishi engine...im sure i can do more with a built motor from honda
you are a complete IDIOT! IM sorry your friend is running 22 psi, if he knew anythign about tuning DSMs he wouldnt be running that much. HELL i can run 22psi, but i like my motor, i run 24 at the track, but its on 116 octane. ASK ANY REAL DSM TUNER and they will tell you that hes a retard for running that on 91 octane. His motor has to be KNOCKING LIKE CRAZY. But you probally dont know what Knock is. And is about to put his stock GSX block into pieces. So what is a mistubushi Enginge? I have never heard of one of those. WTF do you think i am. My buddie has the DSM hp record. 960 WHEEL HORSEPOWER out of an AWD TALON. AND I HAVE PICS TO BACK IT UP. What DSM is in these magazines by the way? I cant dyno tune my car, if you know anythign you would be able to understand why, thus i use data logging software and a Lap Top. And many little adjustments of the FPR and the VPC.

As for doin more with a built honda motor, if honda had built a turbo car from the start yes you could do JUST AS MUCH, but since the 4G63 motor is a legend. You are wrong.

Montana.......keep guessin:p :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts