Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Regional Meet Leader
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started noticing this recently, and wanted to get the input of the TSX community. I put in my wilwood BBK a few months ago and never had any issues. On two occasions now, when slowing down to a red light, I have seen the e-brake light come on even though the e-brake is not engaged. What's going on?

Thoughts?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
on my cousins TL-S, that light came on steady when one of his brake light bulbs went out.

On Nissan/Infiniti vehicles, that light comes on when the brake fluid is low.

I would check one of those two.

·
Registered
657 Posts
on my cousins TL-S, that light came on steady when one of his brake light bulbs went out.

On Nissan/Infiniti vehicles, that light comes on when the brake fluid is low.

I would check one of those two.
Yeah I agree, I think it would have something to do with your brake fluid being low. My older accord would do the same thing while driving along, its a Honda/Acura (I'd assume) indicator of brake fluid levels as well.

·
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^Thanks you guys. I'll check out the fluid level at home. Now is it something you can just fill to the max line if it's low, or do you need to do a flush?

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Since hydraulic brakes are sealed systems, low fluid either indicates a leak or excessive pad wear. I would add fluid immediately to avoid any bubbles getting in the lines but be sure and investigate further why the fluid is low.

·
Registered
657 Posts
^Thanks you guys. I'll check out the fluid level at home. Now is it something you can just fill to the max line if it's low, or do you need to do a flush?
You can add fluid to the pre-existing, just ensure you use the same type/ DOT. Otherwise you may endure more problems.

Check the fluid after a few hours or a day of driving. If its going down like crazy, and/or the light-reappears then we got a problem...

·
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since hydraulic brakes are sealed systems, low fluid either indicates a leak or excessive pad wear. I would add fluid immediately to avoid any bubbles getting in the lines but be sure and investigate further why the fluid is low.
When I checked the brake fluid level, it was hovering just about the minimum level. I'm thinking that during driving operations the fluid is continuously circulating and could've brought that level below the minimum occasionally. So I topped it off to the max level.

You can add fluid to the pre-existing, just ensure you use the same type/ DOT. Otherwise you may endure more problems.

Check the fluid after a few hours or a day of driving. If its going down like crazy, and/or the light-reappears then we got a problem...
The shop that installed my BBK put in this DOT4 blue racing brake fluid. Since I didn't have that, I added Motul DOT4 fluid to the existing. Hope that is okay.

Last time I brought my car to my own independent mechanic he noticed that one of the bbk brake lines seemed to be leaking but not much. I'm pretty sure that this ebrake light is a result of that. For now I guess I'll be keeping a bottle of brake fluid at all times in my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts