Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discovered this today purely by accident. Since I have the 6-speed, I always use the hand brake when parking.

This time, when I got in and started off I forgot to release the brake. :shock:

Luckily I was in a parking lot, going very slow and not very far. I heard a steady "beeping" sound and thought my TPMS was telling me I had another flat again :(

But it wasn't, when I looked around I saw the red "BRAKE" light on the dash and immediately released it. When I tried to pull it up to verify (while moving slow), it began beeping again.

Looks like there is both a visual and an audible warning for leaving the emergency brake on :eek: :)

I suspect it might also go off if the brake system suffered a malfunction like the master cylinder going out or similar. Small consolation if it did, as no alert is going to help you then. :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kiteboy said:
Sorry, it's not an Easter Egg if it's mentioned in the manual (p.60).
Drat! :mad:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
lol yeah I found that out on accident before I had finished reading the manual. It's kind of annoying when your messing around in a snow covered parking lot:p

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
On the cassette player, you can "fast-forward" and "reverse" with the up and down "channel" buttons on the steering wheel. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts