Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the easiest way to torque down rear shocks while they are installed on the car? Sounds like there is still some space betweeen the nuts and top mount as well as the center of the top mount. Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm not quite sure if you are asking what I'm thinking... but if you mean where the rear deck is in that little nook where space is tight, I stuck a wrench in the end of another wrench to increase the torque and angle to tighten the nuts. A little trick I learned.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ JTrix215: Good looking out on that tip though. I really want to just tighten the top lock nut in the center though, where you need an allen wrench and another wrench to hold it in place so it can be tightened up, I only have maybe a couple threads showing above the nut on both sides, I am assuming it should be tighter, but jut cannot seem to be able to do that.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Shoot that's gonna be hard. I don't think I have an allen small enough to clear the pastic deck lid thingy unless you make your own tool (grind the allen down smaller so it can clear the plastic deck lid) then you can use the allen and my technique to do that.

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
^yeah, i doubt there's going to be room to get in there an allen wrench + channel lock. But what prompt you to think it's loose? Maybe there's enough room to just unscrew the three nuts and drop the suspension low enough you can get to it without taking the bottom bolt off.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the help, guess I'm just paranoid in thinking that it should be tighter as far as the center top lock nut is concerned. But if a couple threads showing is good enough, then its all good. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts