Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.. anyone?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a lot of people use those K2 fogs? Awesome, thanks for the info!

Kindest Regards,

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know of a guide to rig the fog lights to the parking light / headlights so there isn't a separate switch for them?

Kindest Regards,

·
Registered
69 Posts
+1 for K2 kit.

@Fosco999: Just splice the wire that's supposed to go to the switch to a parking light wire.

You can splice it into the actual parking light wire in the engine bay, or route the wire through the firewall and splice into a red with black stripe wire in the cabin. Both wires work to give signal to the relay to turn on once the parking lights go on.

BUT I have to warn you, if you plan on using HIDs with your fogs I would NOT go with splicing into the parking lights as your fog lights would flash each time you lock or unlock your car, putting strain and wear on the ballast.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies!!

Anyone know if it comes with new 'bitch clips' or whatever? I am new to modding the TSX.. Do they need to be broken off or whatever to be removed, or are they reusable?

Thanks again,

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks for the replies!!

Anyone know if it comes with new 'bitch clips' or whatever? I am new to modding the TSX.. Do they need to be broken off or whatever to be removed, or are they reusable?

Thanks again,
I think your best bet would be to take it to the shop and get it wired.

Just to save yourself the headache along with replacing any broken parts.

But to answer your question take a flat head and pop them off

·
Registered
69 Posts
The bumper clips shouldn't break off, as stated, use a flat head to pop them off.

If you get the K2 kit, save yourself the money and wire it yourself.
The kit can't be easier to wire.
Everything is labelled, too.

There's literally 3 things you have to wire from the K2 kit (since you're doing the no-switch method).

Power wire. It already comes fused, all you do is attach it to the positive battery terminal.
Ground wire. This goes to any ground point on the car chasis. They're everywhere.
Trigger wire. This would have to be spliced aka tapped into your parking light wire using a "t-tap" connector or splice connector. They're idiot proof.

Obviously the last step would just be to connect the fog light connectors to the actual fog lights.

Not so hard is it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bumper clips shouldn't break off, as stated, use a flat head to pop them off.

If you get the K2 kit, save yourself the money and wire it yourself.
The kit can't be easier to wire.
Everything is labelled, too.

There's literally 3 things you have to wire from the K2 kit (since you're doing the no-switch method).

Power wire. It already comes fused, all you do is attach it to the positive battery terminal.
Ground wire. This goes to any ground point on the car chasis. They're everywhere.
Trigger wire. This would have to be spliced aka tapped into your parking light wire using a "t-tap" connector or splice connector. They're idiot proof.

Obviously the last step would just be to connect the fog light connectors to the actual fog lights.

Not so hard is it?
Thank you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
the K2 kit was acutely the 3 mod I did yo my tsx. very straight forward to wire up. I did the install without removing my bumper. took about 1.5 hours

1 - 13 of 13 Posts