Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bought an ebay hps intake for the car for 75 shipped and I was shocked at how good the parts were and not cheap looking.

And no need to take off bumper to take off the air box thing.take the one screw you can see off and pull hard the holes are sloted and the box will come out.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
I almost got this intake. Looks really nice. I got the Fujita instead, but it's been good for me so far. Everyone seems to have horror stories of "cheap" intakes.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
nice, i also have mines installed but i bought mines for 68 dollars.

anyway, how was the fitment for the sensor? mines dont fit because for some reason my sensor is too small or the ebay provided sucked and had a huge ass hole drilled and looked cheap and unprofessional. i had to customized it a little bit

Nice, I also have a HPS intake! :D
how long have you had yours and how do you like it so far???

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
I almost got this intake. Looks really nice. I got the Fujita instead, but it's been good for me so far. Everyone seems to have horror stories of "cheap" intakes.
honestly its not really "cheap" yes the price is but its made very well. i have an injen on my last car and theres really not much of a difference in quality.

for the OP dont call this an "ebay" intake lol, its too good to be called that:)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
they asked me to test fit intake for the 2nd gen..but i was iffy about it. maybe i should've taken up the offer haha

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wrapped the sensor with electrical tape to make it thicker I forgot to mention.and I like this more more then the fujita because the mounting is cleaner and filter sits a bit higher...and its also almost a quater the price.had it for 500 miles and love the way it sounds now when u get on it.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
^ Yes, the sensor fitment is not good, they couldve used a better smaller diameter part to use. other than that everything else is simple.

OP, can you confirm if you lost power or gained power?? i did the SRI and feel like i lost power vs stock intake box, ill convert to CAI next week and see if i feel a difference in power

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont know if i lost or gain power but it sounds nice. i dont run the car much i have a turbo v8 s10 for that

·
Registered
895 Posts
I actually felt a small improvent vs my stock intake. There wasn't much in terms of power, but the throttle felt a bit more responsive. Anyway I think it was an "okay" mod for the money. :D

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
i forgot to mention one more thing about this HPS intake, For the 2006-2008 TSX with the slightly bigger throttle body, the black rubber piece that goes onto the throttle body is a really really tight fit, but once you finally put it on you will have a piece of mind that it will not fall off easily or have any leaks...

also, may i mention one more thing, that this intake is great for the winter with the SRI and then during the summertime it may be best with the CAI. reason i say this is because in winter the temperature is so cold that you actually lose a whole lot of MPG. you can have some remedy by running the SRI and having the intake absorb some of that heat from the engine bay and reduce the mileage loss from the cold winters. although cold is better for the engine performance wise, i feel it is unecessary for the winter as 85% of the time the roads are not safe to do so.

just something to think about or a food for thought

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring back this tread from the dead but it is hard to ignore the deals on "eBay intakes"

$99.99 shipped: Cold LONG Ram Air Intake Kit for Acura 09-10 TSX 2.4L 4Cyl + Filter

Knowing you are realistically getting only a 5-8 gain in HP, is a $300 intake worth the money? I rocked an HPS on my Civic VTech back in the day and had no issues. Loved the growl it added!

Considering one of these guys for the TSX just to whet my mod whistle! Lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
Comptech Icebox Cold Air Box 04-08 TSX 330-155 - HeelToe Automotive Spend the extra $60 and get the ice box with k&N filter
OR Better option
these guys know their stuff im sure they can help you
member KANO made his own http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-car-care/63579-diy-rrc-3-intake.html#post897751 as did Jvillesfinest
Or tottenham http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/61641-tottenhams-guide-na-power.html

use these references if not get the ebay intake
edit** offer them $70 shipped. see what happens

·
Registered
119 Posts
instead of forking over the $300 i say make your own. racepartsolutions.com carries aluminum pipes that are already bent. i believe they carry pipes with a 45 and 90 degree bend. i would highly recommend going with a 3.5 inch pipe.

i had a customer last year test a custom intake versus his off the shelf injen cold air intake that it was running previously. here were the results:

intake dyno comparison - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

the car picked up power everywhere in vtec. it worked well on a 2 litre. it should work just as well if not better on a 2.4.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought an ebay hps intake for the car for 75 shipped and I was shocked at how good the parts were and not cheap looking.

And no need to take off bumper to take off the air box thing.take the one screw you can see off and pull hard the holes are sloted and the box will come out.

Hey I was wanting to order this intake but honestly haven't been able to find it for around the same price. Was hoping maybe you could help? Please

1 - 20 of 21 Posts