Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
From RSX to TSX.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a black 05 TSX and it looks pretty slick. 18 inch OEM rims, low profile tires, aSPEC lip all around, dark tint, lowering springs, debadged. It looks great but I think it would look better with an OEM lip spoiler.

It's cheap on ebay. Like 40 bucks. The real question is how much would the install at acura cost?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
what is an OEM lip spoiler? you already have aspec all around.

OEM + cheap on ebay = usually doesn't happen

maybe post the item link from ebay

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer (aka honda/acura)

That item you posted is not OEM. You'll be running the risk of quality and fitment, but you'll only be paying 40 bucks so its up to you.

My advise would be, you get what you pay for.

·
From RSX to TSX.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I would definitely would have it painted.

What's the best way to go on this guys? Buy from acura? I definitely want them to install.

·
Registered
126 Posts
lol the one from ebay is double sided tape.. you just stick it on. if you take it to the dealership they will look at you and laugh.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
what is an OEM lip spoiler? you already have aspec all around.

OEM + cheap on ebay = usually doesn't happen

maybe post the item link from ebay
Yea, I wasn't aware Acura made an OEM lip spoiler. They do have the A-spec spoiler...

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
What are some of you guys thinking? OP is looking at $40 dollar ebay spoilers and you guys recommend $750 spoilers :rofl: Spoon replica is around $100 on ebay authentic one runs $750+ shipping+paint.

Authentic Spoon
Spoon Sports Trunk Spoiler, 04-08 CL9 TSX/CL7 Accord EuroR, 68800-CL7-010 - HeelToe Automotive

Rep Spoon, also offered painted from the seller for an extra $100.

Acura 04 08 TSX Accord CL7 CL9 Rear Wing Trunk Spoiler | eBay

Or go with your first choice, I believe a few members on here have that one and like them :dunno:

·
From RSX to TSX.
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks BluLabel!

The spoon looks great though I would never pay 750 dollars for a spoiler. The 100 dollar one looks just as good honestly.

So from reading the description, looks like I'm going to need it painted and glued on. First off, I would have them paint it which would raise the price to 200. And then I would have to glue it on. I've stated in other threads I am no good at installing anything really so I would pay to have somebody do this for me.

What I'm thinking is to go ahead and buy the 40 dollar lip spoiler and put it on myself. If it doesn't look good or doesn't stick, oh well. It was 40 bucks. At that point I would then move to a more permanent spoiler like the spoon.

What do you guys think???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts